FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Your BA predictions for 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1886497-your-ba-predictions-2018-a.html)

kanderson1965 Jan 5, 2018 2:04 pm

Your BA predictions for 2018

Ok it’s that time of the year, hopefully a fun thread of your predictions for 2018 for our favourite airline. Be nice to keep it to predictions but if you add from your wishlist this is ok as well, just keep it fun. Be good to reflect on this at the end of the year.

My prediction - BA will gain a new GCH in the Kingston-Upon-Hull area this year.

PETER01 Jan 5, 2018 2:12 pm

As a very satisfied BA customer my prediction is that they will just keep getting better and better with such things like Group Boarding, new JKF lounge refurbishment, great fares and hopefully the introduction of a free drink/snack for Gold and Silvers :)

bmibaby737 Jan 5, 2018 2:13 pm

Hand baggage only Economy fares for Long haul.

FlyerTalker39574 Jan 5, 2018 2:21 pm

2-4-2 CW minus non flat seating on A350s, additional charges for New CW on A350s. No avios redemptions for New CW on A350 routes.

TedToToe Jan 5, 2018 2:25 pm

Selfishly, I'd like to predict BA launching LHR - NGO but I know that isn't going to happen! How about them ordering A321LRs?

Flexible preferences Jan 5, 2018 2:37 pm

Elemis to lose their contract to run the spa and supply toiletries for lounges/onboard.

(bring back Molton Brown please...)

WorldLux Jan 5, 2018 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by bmibaby737 (Post 29255036)
Hand baggage only Economy fares for Long haul.

Yes, but probably on ex LGW routes to DY destinations (Similar to what LH is currently doing ex Scandinavia).

My predictions
  • At least one non-weather related cock up impacting all or the majority of flights (BA loves a good IT issue...)
  • Changes to BAEC. It's not unthinkable that BA goes down the same road as KL/LH and announces the switch to revenue-based earning​​​​
  • The already mentioned introduction of HBO fares on select long haul routes in direct competition with DY
  • Maybe a couple of narrow body orders
  • Expansion of Level
Wishlist
  • Better IROPS recovery
  • More consistent service
  • Improved amenity kits

ESFLYER95 Jan 5, 2018 3:57 pm

Some form of new avios redemption system.... or maybe I am just hoping this while I carelessly get rid of my stash in anticipation for this!

South London Bon Viveur Jan 5, 2018 4:00 pm

Improved middle band CE catering. More bad PR.

LordBuckethead Jan 5, 2018 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by PETER01 (Post 29255029)
As a very satisfied BA customer my prediction is that they will just keep getting better and better with such things like Group Boarding, new JKF lounge refurbishment, great fares and hopefully the introduction of a free drink/snack for Gold and Silvers :)

Free LSD for all pax so everyone gets off saying exactly this and making NPS skyrocket so AC finally gets a bonus.

bmibaby737 Jan 5, 2018 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by WorldLux (Post 29255290)
Yes, but probably on ex LGW routes to DY destinations (Similar to what LH is currently doing ex Scandinavia).

My predictions
  • At least one non-weather related cock up impacting all or the majority of flights (BA loves a good IT issue...)
  • Changes to BAEC. It's not unthinkable that BA goes down the same road as KL/LH and announces the switch to revenue-based earning​​​​
  • The already mentioned introduction of HBO fares on select long haul routes in direct competition with DY
  • Maybe a couple of narrow body orders
  • Expansion of Level
Wishlist
  • Better IROPS recovery
  • More consistent service
  • Improved amenity kits

I personally think they'll go the whole hog and roll out Hand Baggage only on all routes. No seat selection till check in or pay before hand, board last, pretty much the same as shorthall HBO.

Aer Lingus are doing it. Really wouldn't shock me if BA start doing it in stages, shorter long haul flights first.

RolfD Jan 5, 2018 6:28 pm

More J and F sales in order to fill the planes because no one in their right mind will pay the normal price (e.g. AA, AY, CX etc..) to flight a dated product!

harryhv Jan 5, 2018 6:33 pm

Now that BA is leading the race to the bottom it's more a question of what features other airlines will copy in 2018

- North Korean Airlines will declare that it is at all times a sunny afternoon in their country and therefore on all their flights the meal will always be afternoon tea
- Spirit Airlines will charge a $50.00 seat-select fee for business-class seating
- Ryanair will position a busybody at security who will bar your way if your scheduled departure is within 35 minutes (even if your flight is obviously late and you can see there is no aircraft at the gate)
- Dnepropetrovsk airport will require all passengers to walk at least one lap around an extended circular walkway (passing a lot of worthless overpriced shops) before anyone is allowed to head for their flights or the lounge
- Aiming for more spending in the shops in the confusion, Rangoon airport will conceal all gate-numbers of flights until 5 minutes before departure

BA6948 Jan 5, 2018 6:52 pm

A free drink and snack for Gold & Flexi Y in Y. A drink for Silver. All from BoB menu. Tea and coffee for all the rest.

KeaneJohn Jan 5, 2018 7:01 pm

The demise of BA 1and 2