Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Roryb
Looks like I'll be picking up that.
Just out of interest that is more segments than ITA Matrix supports - how do you go about finding the pricing on that?
You just add in the routing airports under advanced controls, in sequence, separated by a comma:

Old May 26, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by claptonalex
hey everyone trying to find a deal to DXB from LON in next few months in Business or Premium. anyone know of anything or can point me in the right direction, many thanks ?
Try ex-Milan. Typically £1100 CW return.
Old May 28, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Foofighter69

Try ex-Milan. Typically £1100 CW return.
thank u! got it
Old May 29, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Hi All. I need to fly to Washington in October (leaving 4th, returning 8th) and I'm struggling to find anything for under £2k. This (below) is the best i could come up with but just wondering if anyone had any better suggestions of cheaper itineraries or ways to maximise tier points.
Thanks in advance
Old May 29, 2018, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Where are you flying from mdfair ?

If it's Washington DC you need - try searching ALG-BWI

Last edited by mikeyfly; May 29, 2018 at 6:22 am
Old May 29, 2018, 6:19 am

Hi All. I need to fly to Washington in October (leaving 4th, returning 8th) and I'm struggling to find anything for under £2k. This (below) is the best i could come up with but just wondering if anyone had any better suggestions of cheaper itineraries or ways to maximise tier points.
Thanks in advance

**sorry - realised i forgot to attach the screen shot**

Old May 29, 2018, 6:29 am

Im located in London so although i did see ALG as an option i just felt it would take significantly longer time wise.

here's what i'd got so far:
Old May 29, 2018, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

£1,600 from INV - and an easy back to back

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...89*.GBP.159989
Old May 29, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: BA GGL
INV to BWI is £1600: https://www.google.com/flights#flt=I...89*.GBP.159989

[EDIT] lol, as posted above before me...! :-D
Old Jun 1, 2018, 5:43 am

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Looking for some friendly help.

We we would like to go Thailand or similar either over New Year or early Jan for 2 weeks.

I’ve been considering the AMS-BKK (via SIN) as an option for around £1300 (plus £200 positioning) for a nice few Avios/TPs however not presser the button yet as I fear the itinerary may be a little too taxing especially on the way back.

I would be interested to know if there are any other options out there for around the £1500 mark (incl positions) in J to either BKK or similar beach type places. Happy to consider SE Asia, Caribbean or anywhere really. We have down a Qatar ex-Oslo before which worked well.

if nothing else is looking good will probably go for the AMS route albeit the prices are creeping in the wrong direction daily it seems.

Thanks in advance.
W
Old Jun 1, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
You can always route back direct to LHR from BKK.

Just choose the connection to AMS the following morning from LGW. The taxes from Gatwick will save a tiny bit too.

I’ve often done this itinary. On the way out I also try and earn extra TP by travelling via HKG or SIN and then keep my eye open for a F award seat. I’ve had success also routing KUL but you won’t earn TP on the KUL BKK leg. At least I didn’t

AMS LHR HGK BKK, BKK LHR (finish up here) LGW AMS should be attainable for the figures you mention.

Wil net 360 TP. If you go via SIN it’s an extra 20 TP (as is KUL but you’d then lose 40 for the KUL SIN leg so is actually 20 worse)
Old Jun 1, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Do the AMS-LHR the night before, and either route BKK-HKG overnight, then LHR-AMS on the evening back-to-back, or BKK-LHR-AMS during the day with a night in AMS, and it's easy. Certainly, it's more jetlag friendly than QR in my experience.

I also like routing through HKG as you get into BKK in the evening so you have a very short, well rested day even if you hit the nightlife when you land.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Willphipps
Looking for some friendly help.

We we would like to go Thailand or similar either over New Year or early Jan for 2 weeks.

I’ve been considering the AMS-BKK (via SIN) as an option for around £1300 (plus £200 positioning) for a nice few Avios/TPs however not presser the button yet as I fear the itinerary may be a little too taxing especially on the way back.

I would be interested to know if there are any other options out there for around the £1500 mark (incl positions) in J to either BKK or similar beach type places. Happy to consider SE Asia, Caribbean or anywhere really. We have down a Qatar ex-Oslo before which worked well.

if nothing else is looking good will probably go for the AMS route albeit the prices are creeping in the wrong direction daily it seems.

Thanks in advance.
W
If you can wait until 10 Jan you can fly from LHR via HEL on AY (Finnair) for £1673. Good lounges in LHR T3 and in HEL. Also the 10.20am flight to HEL from LHR is on an A350 . Easy transfer connections (between 3hrs and 2hrs45) and no faffing around with ex-EU/ back to backs etc.etc

Can be booked either on AY or Expedia. 440TPs

https://bit.ly/2JkiYAi
Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by claptonalex
hey everyone trying to find a deal to DXB from LON in next few months in Business or Premium. anyone know of anything or can point me in the right direction, many thanks ?
best I could manage last month was £1,300 starting in Milan, back to LHR, and then onto DXB
Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Originally Posted by all ahead full
best I could manage last month was £1,300 starting in Milan, back to LHR, and then onto DXB
Slightly cheaper from VRN and wide open datewise...

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...;sc:b;sd:1;t:f

You do have to factor in LGW-LHR-LGW as well which is a bit of a pain but VRN is a pretty easy back to back airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.