FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Pilot37

Decent fare to ORD if anybody is looking for straight Business fares to the U.S. I just looked at Labor weekend dates, but the T&C's only seem to be a 28 day advanced purchase and no issue by date.

Pilot37
Thanks very much for highlighting this. I've just booked an INV-ORD trip for mid-September for just under half of what I'd been looking at with an ex-EU, plus I get a car rental thrown in. I love this forum.

Wiggy.

Last edited by travellingwigbury; Apr 23, 2018 at 6:14 pm Reason: Correcting detail of trip
Old Apr 24, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: BAEC
For the AMS - HKG - BKK fares, where's the best place to book these?
The BA website and the multicity tool is just giving errors at the moment.
Google Flights can find the fare but there's no obvious website to book.
Thanks
Old Apr 24, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by plunet
For the AMS - HKG - BKK fares, where's the best place to book these?
The BA website and the multicity tool is just giving errors at the moment.
Google Flights can find the fare but there's no obvious website to book.
Thanks
ITA Matrix, then Book With Matrix, or use Google Flights or ITA then phone BA to book with flight numbers at hand. Propeller Travel could also cope with these, I imagine - just make sure you fly the last leg.
plunet likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Get it all written down / printed out and call to book; they shouldn't charge a service fee

If it's rather painful, hang up and call back some agents are really spot on with these
plunet and jimbobjamest like this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Propeller have just booked me a similar fare for next March (using a GUF1 which was about to expire), as follows:

AMS-LHR BA in CE
LHR-KUL BA in First (on 787)
KUL-BKK MH in Business
BKK-KUL MH in Business
KUL-LHR BA in First (on 787)
LGW-AMS BA in CE

for​ £1398.09 all in, which I'm pretty happy with tbh.

Never flown F on the 8-seat 787 so that will be a new exprience, and the flight times are pretty decent too...

Also, fully intend to take the final sector back to AMS as have to be there anyway !!
​​
Simonmiller and mikeyfly like this.

Last edited by Fitch; Apr 24, 2018 at 10:04 am
Old Apr 24, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: BAEC
Thanks for confirming its a bookwithmatrix / travel agent / call up. I'm sure the answer is further up in the thread but I lost the will to live trying to find the answer.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Fitch
Propeller have just booked me a similar fare for next March (using a GUF1 which was about to expire), as follows:

AMS-LHR BA in CE
KUL-BKK MH in Business
BKK-KUL MH in Business
LGW-AMS BA in CE
​​
Did you manage a decent stopover in LHR on the way out? I am looking at the AMS - LHR - KUL routing but GF only offers one flight from AMS, with only 80 minutes connection time. Not long to enjoy CCR if your onward journey is in F.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 12:40 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Agent69
Did you manage a decent stopover in LHR on the way out? I am looking at the AMS - LHR - KUL routing but GF only offers one flight from AMS, with only 80 minutes connection time. Not long to enjoy CCR if your onward journey is in F.
should be fine to get an earlier flight. Google flights isn’t great with this kind of itinerary but you should be able to price it and select an earlier flight on itamatrix.
Agent69 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by Fitch

AMS-LHR BA in CE
KUL-BKK MH in Business
BKK-KUL MH in Business
LGW-AMS BA in CE

for​ £1398.09 all in, which I'm pretty happy with tbh.

Never flown F on the 8-seat 787 so that will be a new exprience, and the flight times are pretty decent too...

Also, fully intend to take the final sector back to AMS as have to be there anyway !!
​​
This is just the sort of thing I’m after for winter. What is the total tier points on this (I can adjust for all Club as no GUF1 here)?

Will
Old Apr 24, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Willphipps

This is just the sort of thing I’m after for winter. What is the total tier points on this (I can adjust for all Club as no GUF1 here)?

Will

In business class:
AMS-LHR = 40TP
LHR-KUL = 160TP (200TTL)
KUL-BKK = 40TP (240TTL)
return = double it, totalling 480TP (it'd be 640TP with the UK-Malaysia legs in F)

I have a similar run over Christmas: AMS-LHR-SIN-BKK-HKG-LHR-AMS (with overnight stopovers in SIN and HKG, with a week in Thailand). Which would earn 460TP in business due to HKG being a lower earner than KUL/SIN, for whatever reason. I've got it in F earning 610TP total.

See Kafra's post below: MH KUL-BKK may earn 0TP, depending on fare class, thus you may earn 400TP rather than 480TP.

Last edited by mmxbreaks; Apr 24, 2018 at 1:40 pm
Old Apr 24, 2018, 1:26 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Be careful. MH between KUL-BKK booked in I class (which is what this fare will offer) earns zero TP.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
In business class:
AMS-LHR = 40TP
LHR-KUL = 160TP (200TTL)
KUL-BKK = 40TP (240TTL)
return = double it, totalling 480TP (it'd be 640TP with the UK-Malaysia legs in F)
Originally Posted by KARFA
Be careful. MH between KUL-BKK booked in I class (which is what this fare will offer) earns zero TP.
I believe KUL-BKK is doable on RJ's thrice-weekly run, although the YR surcharge on RJ appears to be eye-wateringly high compared to MH, according to ITA.

KARFA likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Just found KUL-PEN (Penang) in MH J for £103 to get 80 TP. Can you all not book it before me please?

This would be for October. Not sure if other domestic destinations are comparably priced (probably are but I actually wanted to go to Penang).
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Cymro
Just found KUL-PEN (Penang) in MH J for £103 to get 80 TP. Can you all not book it before me please?

This would be for October. Not sure if other domestic destinations are comparably priced (probably are but I actually wanted to go to Penang).
There was a point in time where KUL-PEN one-way was £38-40 in J, I did it 6 times in a day and walked away with 240tps for £240. Easy way to keep gold if your in KL.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by Cymro
I actually wanted to go to Penang
Excellent choice! Mrs PtF and I were there for four nights in February - we loved the place. Great food (eg beef rendang) and great architecture in George Town.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.