Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2018 edition

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2018 edition

Old Aug 18, 2018, 2:12 am
  #211  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: ORD
Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Posts: 8,682
I booked a ticket in I class on BA and upgraded it with my avios to F cabin. At the moment my BA executive club number is in the locator.

Is there a way to deposit the miles in my AA account instead of BA one and will I get miles for F class travel or I class travel?
NA-Flyer is offline  
Old Aug 18, 2018, 12:53 pm
  #212  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Juneau, Alaska.
Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Posts: 15,942
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I booked a ticket in I class on BA and upgraded it with my avios to F cabin. At the moment my BA executive club number is in the locator.

Is there a way to deposit the miles in my AA account instead of BA one and will I get miles for F class travel or I class travel?
Yes. Use Finnair (or QR) website to change the FF number. See, for example:
Change FF# on UuA booking?

No. Unless a mistake is made you are only entitled to miles for I class when you UuA to F:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...d-flights.html
jerry a. laska is offline  
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:44 am
  #213  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: ORD
Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Posts: 8,682
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Yes. Use Finnair (or QR) website to change the FF number. See, for example:
Change FF# on UuA booking?

No. Unless a mistake is made you are only entitled to miles for I class when you UuA to F:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...d-flights.html
Thanks for the info.
NA-Flyer is offline  
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:40 pm
  #214  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: AMS/RTM
Posts: 2,829
Hello BA forum,

sorry if this is not the appropriate thread, I couldn't find a better one. Mods, feel free to move.

Is there a thread for gifting avios? I have a bunch (like 264) of Avios in my account which I'd be happy to gift to anyone, considering I don't think I can't do anything useful with them and I don't fly BA or OW.

Thanks for any advice!
malmostoso is offline  
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:02 am
  #215  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: LON
Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Posts: 3,389
Originally Posted by malmostoso
Hello BA forum,

sorry if this is not the appropriate thread, I couldn't find a better one. Mods, feel free to move.

Is there a thread for gifting avios? I have a bunch (like 264) of Avios in my account which I'd be happy to gift to anyone, considering I don't think I can't do anything useful with them and I don't fly BA or OW.

Thanks for any advice!
I think you'd have to transfer them in 1000-avios increments so that wouldn't work... Unless you forgot a k behind the number, in which case, well, you could book great flights!
alex67500 is offline  
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:35 am
  #216  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: AMS/RTM
Posts: 2,829
Originally Posted by alex67500
I think you'd have to transfer them in 1000-avios increments so that wouldn't work... Unless you forgot a k behind the number, in which case, well, you could book great flights!
Haha well if that were the case I definitely would but unfortunately it's just 264. Thanks for the clarification!
malmostoso is offline  
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:04 am
  #217  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: LON
Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Posts: 3,389
Originally Posted by malmostoso
Haha well if that were the case I definitely would but unfortunately it's just 264. Thanks for the clarification!
I think you can offer them to charity if you want them to be put to good use, but even then it might be in 500 avios increments...
alex67500 is offline  
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:02 am
  #218  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Posts: 2,016
Hello all,

Quick question. I just find EDI-DOH-PEN for 14/09 and come back 15/09 PEN-DOH-LHR-EDI for 800. Is it good value for TP if i want to get silver status? How many TP will i earn?

Thank you!
ermis177 is offline  
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:18 am
  #219  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Brighton UK
Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Posts: 955
Originally Posted by ermis177
Hello all,

Quick question. I just find EDI-DOH-PEN for 14/09 and come back 15/09 PEN-DOH-LHR-EDI for 800. Is it good value for TP if i want to get silver status? How many TP will i earn?

Thank you!
At that price will assume it's flying WT not WTP/ CW? Would need to know the booking class( es) as this will affect your TP allocation eg: For EDI-DOH in WT Q,O + G booking classes award 20 whereas Y,B & H give 70.
TWCLAM is offline  
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:21 am
  #220  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Posts: 2,016
Sorry forgot to mentioned it was R on Qatar but the fare is gone when i clicked for payment! Too good to be true. Another error fare.
TWCLAM likes this.
ermis177 is offline  
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:34 am
  #221  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Brighton UK
Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Posts: 955
Clarification Needed

Situation: New to BA and Blue about to hit Bronze. My outbound LGW-RAK will be my Silver awarding flight but obviously that will kick in after the sector has been flown. After that I will have the return left but nothing else before my TP collection year ends. In total I would've flown 12 sectors from a starting point of zero( and within my 1st TP year). I understand that you need two awarding flights plus the TP's for Bronze & 4 flights + TP's for Silver. Will I need to complete 4 flights BETWEEN Bronze & Silver OR will my cumulative sectors flown in my 1st year be enough? I am hoping it's the latter as it will be an expensive mistake otherwise / i'll need to try find time to do the extra flights on a TP run between now & December which will be hard with all the flights/ holidays I already have in the calendar.

If I do need to find an extra 3 sectors am I right in thinking that Domestic flights now count as obviously i'd be looking to do it as quick & cheap as possible?

I have read the guide but was unsure how to interpret this situation. Thanks in advance for any and all assistance in advance
TWCLAM is offline  
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:36 am
  #222  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Brighton UK
Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Posts: 955
Originally Posted by ermis177
Sorry forgot to mentioned it was R on Qatar but the fare is gone when i clicked for payment! Too good to be true. Another error fare.

I thought it was a bloody good deal even in the maddest of QR sales!
TWCLAM is offline  
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:42 am
  #223  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: MSN
Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Posts: 3,970
Originally Posted by TWCLAM
Situation: New to BA and Blue about to hit Bronze. My outbound LGW-RAK will be my Silver awarding flight but obviously that will kick in after the sector has been flown. After that I will have the return left but nothing else before my TP collection year ends. In total I would've flown 12 sectors from a starting point of zero( and within my 1st TP year). I understand that you need two awarding flights plus the TP's for Bronze & 4 flights + TP's for Silver. Will I need to complete 4 flights BETWEEN Bronze & Silver OR will my cumulative sectors flown in my 1st year be enough? I am hoping it's the latter as it will be an expensive mistake otherwise / i'll need to try find time to do the extra flights on a TP run between now & December which will be hard with all the flights/ holidays I already have in the calendar.

If I do need to find an extra 3 sectors am I right in thinking that Domestic flights now count as obviously i'd be looking to do it as quick & cheap as possible?

I have read the guide but was unsure how to interpret this situation. Thanks in advance for any and all assistance in advance
You need two segments for Bronze and four for higher levels. The counter, like the TP counter, does not reset until the end of the year. All flights on BA metal count, as do various others.
MADPhil is offline  
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:45 am
  #224  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Brighton UK
Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Posts: 955
Originally Posted by MADPhil
You need two segments for Bronze and four for higher levels. The counter, like the TP counter, does not reset until the end of the year. All flights on BA metal count, as do various others.
Sincere thanks [MENTION=687589]MADPhil[/MENTION] for the clarity & speediness of the response. I knew the TP's didn't I just wasn't sure about sector count between tiers.
TWCLAM is offline  
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:45 am
  #225  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: LON
Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Posts: 3,389
Originally Posted by ermis177
Hello all,

Quick question. I just find EDI-DOH-PEN for 14/09 and come back 15/09 PEN-DOH-LHR-EDI for 800. Is it good value for TP if i want to get silver status? How many TP will i earn?

Thank you!
Click on Flight Calculator on this page: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...-avios/flights

It gives you miles and TPs earned per segment with each OW airlines.
alex67500 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.