FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2018 edition
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:34 am
TWCLAM

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Clarification Needed

Situation: New to BA and Blue about to hit Bronze. My outbound LGW-RAK will be my Silver awarding flight but obviously that will kick in after the sector has been flown. After that I will have the return left but nothing else before my TP collection year ends. In total I would've flown 12 sectors from a starting point of zero( and within my 1st TP year). I understand that you need two awarding flights plus the TP's for Bronze & 4 flights + TP's for Silver. Will I need to complete 4 flights BETWEEN Bronze & Silver OR will my cumulative sectors flown in my 1st year be enough? I am hoping it's the latter as it will be an expensive mistake otherwise / i'll need to try find time to do the extra flights on a TP run between now & December which will be hard with all the flights/ holidays I already have in the calendar.

If I do need to find an extra 3 sectors am I right in thinking that Domestic flights now count as obviously i'd be looking to do it as quick & cheap as possible?

I have read the guide but was unsure how to interpret this situation. Thanks in advance for any and all assistance in advance