Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2018 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2018, 3:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Leaping_Deere
I'm sure its on here somewhere but I'll asked again.

Booked a flight through JAL on a JAL ticket but was a codeshare with KE , on KE metal.

Am I still eligible for Avois and TP?
no avios or TP I am afraid.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 3:40 am

Programs: BA
My membership year ends on 8 July, would my flights on 8 July be counted for this year or next year?
Would it be possible to remove my BA number from the July 8 flights and retro claim them (say July 10) after my new year starts?
Old Jun 26, 2018, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by hakzai
My membership year ends on 8 July, would my flights on 8 July be counted for this year or next year?
Would it be possible to remove my BA number from the July 8 flights and retro claim them (say July 10) after my new year starts?
1. This year, which includes all flights scheduled to depart on 8 July local date/time.
2. Yes, but it's pointless because the flights will still be counted for the current year when they post, not for your new year.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 3:55 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Globaliser
1. This year, which includes all flights scheduled to depart on 8 July local date/time.
2. Yes, but it's pointless because the flights will still be counted for the current year when they post, not for your new year.
Thanks for the quick reply!
Old Jun 26, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
If it's on the 8th then it will be on current year. As for the 2nd i'll leave it someone who knows better or works for BA but i'd lean towards no as you're already a member so I think that if you claimed for the flight after the event they'd still pick up on the travel date and apply it as it should be ( ie to current year)
Old Jun 26, 2018, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by TWCLAM
As for the 2nd i'll leave it someone who knows better or works for BA but i'd lean towards no as you're already a member so I think that if you claimed for the flight after the event they'd still pick up on the travel date and apply it as it should be ( ie to current year)
Yes, even if retro claimed later they would be applied as per the actual flight date so count towards the current year as noted by Globaliser
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 2:32 am

Programs: BAEC
Hi guys,

I am currently BA silver and have booked a return flight LHR - DUS in Euro Traveller.

With being silver I am able to reserve a seat from the point of my booking. Now I have seen that I am able to reserve a seat between rows 4 and 8 (plane is an Airbus A319).

Does this mean I can choose a Club Europe seat without paying for CE?

Thanks for your help.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by Monument
Hi guys,

I am currently BA silver and have booked a return flight LHR - DUS in Euro Traveller.

With being silver I am able to reserve a seat from the point of my booking. Now I have seen that I am able to reserve a seat between rows 4 and 8 (plane is an Airbus A319).

Does this mean I can choose a Club Europe seat without paying for CE?

Thanks for your help.
The CE cabin is presumably just rows 1-3? You won't be able to select a seat in the CE cabin - you can double check as CE won't have B and E seats showing.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
The CE cabin is presumably just rows 1-3? You won't be able to select a seat in the CE cabin - you can double check as CE won't have B and E seats showing.
You are right, but I regularly fly this route and CE is definitely row 1 to at least row 5...
Old Jun 27, 2018, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by Monument
You are right, but I regularly fly this route and CE is definitely row 1 to at least row 5...
CE cabin size is dynamic. At the moment I guess they are not seeing enough forward booking demand to move the curtain beyond row 3, but if more book they will move it back further - something to consider if you always think there is more than 3 rows of CE as you may wish to avoid rows 4-5 in ET in case you get curtain shifted at a later stage.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
CE cabin size is dynamic. At the moment I guess they are not seeing enough forward booking demand to move the curtain beyond row 3, but if more book they will move it back further - something to consider if you always think there is more than 3 rows of CE as you may wish to avoid rows 4-5 in ET in case you get curtain shifted at a later stage.
Cheers, thanks for the info!
Old Jul 20, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Just curious whether anyone has had issues with Avios not posting to their BAEC account when flying AS on routes that were previously operated by Virgin America? I recently flew LAS - SFO - LAS on Alaska and I should have earned Avios for these flights but after two weeks nothing has posted. I have looked at the earnings calculator on ba.com and it throws an error saying it doesn't recognise that airline / route combination. It will show Avios earnings for AS routes such as LAS - SEA. It's a trivial number of Avios so I am not overly fussed at the loss and I really don't want to have to start filling in forms and sending faxes as that seems to be the only way to claim these missing Avios. However, it would be helpful to know if these former Virgin America routes are currently excluded from earnings.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Just looking for a quick sanity check:

If I want to book a Qantas flight to MEL and earn BAEC TP / Avios should I book via the BA website or QF? If I use the latter, can I move the QF points to Avios?

Similarly, if I were to use Qatar instead which is the best site to book via?
Old Jul 27, 2018, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by fluffymitten
If I want to book a Qantas flight to MEL and earn BAEC TP / Avios should I book via the BA website or QF? If I use the latter, can I move the QF points to Avios?
You'll need to book this via the QF website. I don't think that the BA website will sell you a cash ticket for a QF flight(s) on its own.

If you warn QF points for the QF flights, you will not be able to move them to BAEC or any Avios scheme. If you want to earn Avios and (BAEC) TP, you must make sure that you only earn them from the outset. You give your BAEC number to QF when you book; make sure you do not give them your QFFF number or any other frequent flyer number by accident, as another number can in practice sometimes be very hard to remove effectively after it's gone in to the booking.
fluffymitten likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 2:12 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
A quicky that I don't think warrants its own thread. I have some TopCashBack credit coming from booking.com reservations. According to TCB I cannot cash this out to BA or Avios but it might be possible if I split my payout. Anybody got any idea how to do this? I cannot work it out

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.