Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2018 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 7:04 am
p78
Suspended

Programs: BA Silver, Aegan Gold, Hilton Diamond
Does BA stopped transfers from Iberia to BA?
I checked 2 accounts and can't transfer points (iberia an ba site)
I'm short 6k points at BA and now in trouble

points on iberia I collected from flights
but i have this message:
"

You can only move Avios from British Airways to Iberia Plus - you cannot move your Avios back again."

Old May 31, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
I was under the impression the IB to BA transfer was broken, the message you’ve seen suggests something intentional. If so I’m glad I ran down my IB to zero a few weeks ago.

In any event others have reported success by transferring from IB via another Avios account. Aer Club or Flybe could work. If you want to try this , open an Aer Club account, pull the IB points in, then send to BA.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Possible new Avios and TP earning routes via QF codes

Because of the exceptional way in which Qantas-marketed flights on non-partner airlines are treated by BAEC, it might be worth bearing in mind two recent developments in the Qantas world:-If the current BAEC arrangement (QF-marketed, non OW-operated flights earn Avios and TPs) is applied to these new routes, then this will be a factor when considering the option of buying flights on the QF code.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 4:20 am
p78
Suspended

Programs: BA Silver, Aegan Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by memesweeper
I was under the impression the IB to BA transfer was broken, the message you’ve seen suggests something intentional. If so I’m glad I ran down my IB to zero a few weeks ago.

In any event others have reported success by transferring from IB via another Avios account. Aer Club or Flybe could work. If you want to try this , open an Aer Club account, pull the IB points in, then send to BA.
I cannot transfer Iberia avios to AerClub
Old Jun 2, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Your account will begin the day you open it not based on your first flight date. Anniversary dates as you've worked out are the 8th of the month. When you first open an account you get graced a little extra time in your first year or if you were lucky got a big extension on this due to BA issues last year but I think this has now come to an end. I'll list below my account details as an example but please bare in mind I was lucky enough to get a big extension.

Joined BAEC: 27th October 2017
TP Collection YE: 08th December 2018
Card Expires: 31st January 2020

So I got 13 months, sort of, for my first year when it comes to collecting TP's. I got a longer card expiry date due to the BA issues last year although I wasn't actually a member or affected by them so I sort of lucked out there. I'm lead to believe after getting advice here on FT that after your 1st year the whole thing becomes a lot more regular. I do my own travel( no company paying for me) and after a test flight last september I've started my TP Run a couple weeks ago and will hit Silver by November this year and am already Avios rich with over 100,000 sitting in the household account. With some sensible and strategic use of the system it's perfectly possible to achieve status without corporate backing. If you have it then I imagine it's a cake walk.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: Tunnocks Tea Cake Platinum
Deleted - Wrong thread.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 6:22 pm

I am trying to sign up for the BA executive club and keep getting the following error message:

"Error

• Your email address domain is found to be invalid. Please provide a different email address with a valid domain"

I have tried my gmail and work email addresses but keep getting the same message. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

thanks
Old Jun 7, 2018, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by Herostratus
I am trying to sign up for the BA executive club and keep getting the following error message:

"Error

• Your email address domain is found to be invalid. Please provide a different email address with a valid domain"

I have tried my gmail and work email addresses but keep getting the same message. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

thanks
Just signed up with a mail.com email and it was fine.
PETER01 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:20 am

I was reading about being able to earn 520tp from London to Singapore on business class using Qatar Airways.

Is it possible for me to become a BA lifetime gold without ever flying BA and just flying Qatar Airways? All other things equal? Or do I need need to fly BA metal?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by SQTraveller
I was reading about being able to earn 520tp from London to Singapore on business class using Qatar Airways.

Is it possible for me to become a BA lifetime gold without ever flying BA and just flying Qatar Airways? All other things equal? Or do I need need to fly BA metal?
I believe it is. There isn't a 'metal' requirement as there is for the annual statuses.

But managing to get to 35,000TP without ever achieving status by flying BA marketed/operated for all that time would be impressive.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 2:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SQTraveller

In order to get gold every year you must do 4 eligible flights. To be eligible flights they must be either marketed or operated by BA, or they must be marketed and operated by IB.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...s/public/en_gb

Eligible flights are defined as those flights marketed or operated by British Airways and those flights marketed and operated by Iberia.

-'Marketed' means the flight will have a BA flight number (in your itinerary or on your ticket).
-'Operated' means the aircraft that you travel on is a British Airways aircraft (including franchises and BACityflyer).
-'Marketed and operated by Iberia' means the flight will have an IB flight number and the aircraft you travel on is an Iberia aircraft (including franchises).

Reward bookings and agency or industry discounted bookings are not eligible.
You can therefore get your eligible flights by flying 4 IB operated and marketed flights or 4 BA marketed and EI operated flights.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by KARFA
In order to get gold every year you must do 4 eligible flights.
But what if you're not interested in Gold every year, but only in LTG? Do you automatically get LTG on reaching 35,000 TPs even if you've never set foot on a BA aircraft? I think it's the general consensus that you don't need to fly at all to retain LTG once you've attained it, let alone to fly a minimum number of eligible flights every year, so there would seem to be a certain logic in getting LTG at 35,000 TPs, without more. Otherwise, LTG would seem to incorporate an additional qualification of flying 4 eligible flights in the year that you reach 35,000 TPs, or the year before.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:06 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Globaliser
But what if you're not interested in Gold every year, but only in LTG? Do you automatically get LTG on reaching 35,000 TPs even if you've never set foot on a BA aircraft? I think it's the general consensus that you don't need to fly at all to retain LTG once you've attained it, let alone to fly a minimum number of eligible flights every year, so there would seem to be a certain logic in getting LTG at 35,000 TPs, without more. Otherwise, LTG would seem to incorporate an additional qualification of flying 4 eligible flights in the year that you reach 35,000 TPs, or the year before.
Good point, so you never have status with BA due to never having enough any eligible flights, but you do end up getting 35,000 TPs. No idea on that.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 7:08 am
xep

Programs: BA EC
Am I allowed to post in this thread regarding churning of Amex UK cards? It's almost like earning, but through bonuses!

Last edited by xep; Jun 11, 2018 at 7:20 am
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by KARFA
In order to get gold every year you must do 4 eligible flights. To be eligible flights they must be either marketed or operated by BA, or they must be marketed and operated by IB.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...s/public/en_gb

You can therefore get your eligible flights by flying 4 IB operated and marketed flights or 4 BA marketed and EI operated flights.
Just want to confirm this point. I checked with 2 BA agents on the phone (HK/UK) and both said that I need to fly a BA marketed and operated flight (physical BA plane) to meet the eligible flight requirement. FYI, I was enquiring about a flight from HKG - Ho Chi Minh City: BA4563 marketed by BA but operated by CX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.