Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Muscat arrivals

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 5:17 am

Programs: BAEC bronze
Hi all and happy new year.

There are one or two threads on Muscat from around April last year - one started by someone flying First for the first time - a thread on which I commented as I was flying out around the same time as the OP of that thread. I made a trip report - I'll find it now - but it's probably lacking photos now :-(.

Got it.
BA Holidays | Muscat | Shangri-La Al Waha | CW/WTP
Old Jan 3, 2018, 4:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
You can save having to queue for a visa by ordering one online in advance. Still costs OMR20 and just need a scan of a photo and scan of passport page and easily done in advance. Just go to https://evisa.rop.gov.om/ , create an account and apply
Agree, the e-visa makes things much quicker - sitting in front of the airplane helps too.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 7:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
Came through this morning. Separate bus for 1st & Club to the terminal. probably no more than 15 mins to get through including visa, immigration & bags.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 7:19 am
p78
Suspended

Programs: BA Silver, Aegan Gold, Hilton Diamond
flew last year to LHR-MCT premium economy
no queue to passport control, just notice what queue for visa on arrival was very long better apply for e-visa like us
Old Feb 21, 2018, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by IMPERIAL BOY
Hi everyone,
March next I will be arriving Muscat (BA First) for just a couple of days to meet up with an old friend (the BA flight arrives early Friday morning circa 07.00). Can someone tell me the arrivals protocol. My searches have revealed that I need to purchase a visa on arrival which is first paid for at a currency exchange facility ( a separate first/business facility is apparently available) before proceeding to immigration for visa issue. Also arriving at 07.00 on a Friday morning will the immigration queues be big? Is it worth paying for the airport meet and greet service to circumvent possible queues?
Thank you in anticipation of your help.
Just revisiting the OP's post, it was announced in UAE this week that effective 21st March there will no longer be visa on arrival in Muscat. Travellers will need an evisa.

https://www.thenational.ae/lifestyle...ch-21-1.706646
Old Feb 22, 2018, 1:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
January 2018

My January arrival with e-visa still took about 40 minutes to get through immigration. Could have been a bit longer, but I wasn’t counting.

Incredibly friendly place! Everyone I encountered!
Old Feb 22, 2018, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by simons1
Just revisiting the OP's post, it was announced in UAE this week that effective 21st March there will no longer be visa on arrival in Muscat. Travellers will need an evisa.
And to quote the end of the article: “We hear of rules pretty much every day or couple of days, all different types of things and different sources,” said the company owner Nick, who asked not to give his last name. “I expect it will be business as usual. One thing I do know is, if they bring it in, it will be absolute pandemonium.”
Old Feb 23, 2018, 4:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Amex Platinum
And everyone moves to the new terminal on the 20th March.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 2:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
This is the news I am hearing too now, that the move is confirmed for 20th > 21st March, with Oman Air operating half and half on 20th and everyone operating fully from the new terminal from the 21st. Also the same info about no more Visa on Arrival from 21st March, maybe they haven't even put in any facilities for this in the new terminal?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Just looking at the visa rules, and I noticed a requirement for a booked hotel. I am staying for only 13 hours, and would like to pop out for a while. Any ideas if I still need a hotel, even though I'm not staying overnight?

26B - Tourist Visit Visa 30D - Visit to Oman (30 days) by a person who is a G1 national.

998 This visa cannot be changed to a work visa while inside the Sultanate of Oman.
999 Possession of a valid visa does not guarantee that a traveller will be granted entry to Oman. Entry to Oman is at the discretion of the Royal Oman Police officer at the port of entry.
Entry
707 Passport must be valid for at least 6 months on entry to Oman.
715 Visa can only be used for a single entry to Oman.
722 Applicant must have a valid hotel booking in Sultanate of Oman.
723 Applicant must have a return ticket.
Document
341 A photograph of the applicant (digital)
342 A copy of the applicant's passport.
Grant
503 Must not have other current Oman visa.
Fee
007 The fee for this visa is OMR 20.000, non-refundable.
Validity
603 Visa must be used for entry to Oman within 6 months of approval or else will be considered expired.
Extension/ Renewal
901 The stay in Oman can be extended once only.
903 Extension of stay allowed is the same as the original visa.
Stay
812 Length of stay in Oman is 1 month.
822 If the visitor overstays in Oman, there is a fine of OMR 10.000 for each day of overstay.
Applicant
101 Must be outside the Sultanate of Oman at time of application.
104 Must be a citizen of one of the Group1 countries.
Sponsor
209 This visa does not require a sponsor in Oman.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by flyuk
Just looking at the visa rules, and I noticed a requirement for a booked hotel. I am staying for only 13 hours, and would like to pop out for a while. Any ideas if I still need a hotel, even though I'm not staying overnight?
I think that your looking at the wrong visa. Oman does have Airport transit visa (23A for 24H maximum stay and 23B for 72 maximum say). The 23A is 5 OMR (1/4 of the normal tourist visa).

Old Mar 8, 2018, 7:22 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
I saw that too, but it states it must be sponsored by an airline that operates in Oman. I'm flying Qatar, but they do not give transit support for Omani visas that I can see on their website.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 5:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold
Arrived back from Muscat yesterday on BA80. On our outward journey we had an evisa and it took about 40 mins to get through passport control - BA79 was an hour late arriving and there was at least one other International arrival ahead of us. There are signs everywhere - even on the road overhead gantries - stating the 'new airport' opens at 3pm on 20th March. For anyone travelling out before then and picking up a hire car - you may have to wait a while as it seems they are having to deliver cars from an off-airport site at the moment.

What a fantastic country though! Everyone super-friendly and stunning scenery, especially if you venture off road.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.