Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA First Lounges: BOS & LHR (connection)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2017, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
BA First Lounges: BOS & LHR (connection)

We'll be traveling BA F (with AA awards) for the first time in about 2 months, from BOS, then connecting at LHR (~7 hour connection).
Our flight from Boston leaves early, at 5:40pm.
Will there be full dinner service in the Concorde dining area prior to boarding, or is this too early?

And what can we expect at LHR, in the Concorde lounge or elsewhere for BA?
Will there be "lunch" available before the next departure at about noon, or will it be mostly breakfast?
Is there anything of special note outside the BA F lounge (but not too far; one of us sometimes has mobility difficulties)?

We've read mixed reviews of BA F, and we admit to being spoiled.
We are finally cashing in some of our hoarded points, and this last spring, we flew to Asia F on JL and then CX F back (wow! :-)
We are *not* expecting anything comparable to those two flights; don't want to set expectations too high...

Any handy hints about services during the flight or pre/post that we might otherwise miss?

Many thanks, and Happy New Year!

GC
Old Dec 30, 2017, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Where are you flying from Heathrow to ( as some BA flights leave from Terminal 3)

If leaving from T 5 you will have access to the concorde room . Should be breakfast till around 11am ( others will give a more precise timing)

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 30, 2017, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Where are you flying from Heathrow to ( as some BA flights leave from Terminal 3)

If leaving from T 5 you will have access to the concorde room . Should be breakfast till around 11am ( others will give a more precise timing)

Regards

TBS

Oops , sorry.... we are flying to Oslo.

There is a slight chance that we'll change and go to Stockholm first; would that make a difference in terms of the LHR connection?

Thank you.

GC
Old Dec 30, 2017, 8:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by GeezerCouple
Will there be full dinner service in the Concorde dining area prior to boarding, or is this too early?

And what can we expect at LHR, in the Concorde lounge or elsewhere for BA?
Will there be "lunch" available before the next departure at about noon, or will it be mostly breakfast?
I
In the BOS First Dining area yes there will be a full dining service before your flight if you want it, approximately an hour before departure, but given that early departure time it may be better to have something light, there is a full service on board too and yet it is sometimes a very short flight - not much more than 5 hours. There is a proper chef there and if there's something you fancy he may be able to do something off menu too, if it's not too complex. In CCR LHR, assuming your onward departure is from T5 it is breakfast until 11:45 hrs formally, but if you want something from the dining menu before then they may be able to assist. [Accounts vary on this, some FTer have had refusals on this point, I think it depends a bit on exactly what you want]. The CCR menu - which is in the Dashboard - has some brunch like items on the breakfast menu.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
In the BOS First Dining area
Isn't it branded as Concorde Dining in BOS?
Old Dec 30, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
It was just signed as first dining / reserved for first when I was in the lounge on Monday.
The main buffet, and I'm assuming the first bit as well, started around 3:30pm although some items were brought out over the next 20-30 mins.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
The food at BOS is very good and it is hard to say no (at least in my case) when the excellent Juan offers you something more. The "pepper tofu" was a notable VLML friendly dish that I really enjoyed, the burrata was another. The chef has been known to come out and ask how the food is and I've given what I hope was constructive feedback. There's more information about the lounge in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...opening-5.html
Gerbs likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 10:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Genius1
Isn't it branded as Concorde Dining in BOS?
It certainly was iniitially but has been changed more recently to First Dining.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Is there any sign of the room behind the dining area being converted into a separate dining room for a First customers?
Old Dec 30, 2017, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Is there any sign of the room behind the dining area being converted into a separate dining room for a First customers?
There wasn't in mid September when I was last there.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok, that was the original plan but they had their budget cut and I was told that the funds had been found to do this.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jimmie76
The food at BOS is very good and it is hard to say no (at least in my case) when the excellent Juan offers you something more. The "pepper tofu" was a notable VLML friendly dish that I really enjoyed, the burrata was another. The chef has been known to come out and ask how the food is and I've given what I hope was constructive feedback. There's more information about the lounge in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...opening-5.html
Oh, thanks for that link to the early discussions. It looks really nice, and SO open with all those windows. Amazing.

Somewhere (not necessarily the above link) I noticed a comment that the 380's specifically would be able to board directly from the lounge.
Is it the same for the 747?

Those photos are terrific.

GC
Old Dec 30, 2017, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All aircraft types board from the lounge.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GeezerCouple
Oh, thanks for that link to the early discussions. It looks really nice, and SO open with all those windows. Amazing.

Somewhere (not necessarily the above link) I noticed a comment that the 380's specifically would be able to board directly from the lounge.
Is it the same for the 747?

Those photos are terrific.

GC
Hopefully the weather will be good and you can take some of your own. If you get a seat by the window in the F dining area you might also see the Fore River Bridge raising and a ship passing underneath. As has been said by the ever helpful and font of knowledge CIHY you will be able to board from the lounge but listen for the boarding announcements. F passengers are given priority boarding above and beyond Gold and Emerald and it is genuine priority. However get there before boarding starts, don't dawdle because they don't give you very long. The gate in the lounge is towards the back on the right hand side. If you visit the bar at the back you will see it. Juan in the lounge is legendary and an extremely nice bloke. Sandy has been at BOS as long as I can remember (20+ years) and is very good at turning away DYKWIA who feel they should be able to board before or during F boarding.

Last edited by Jimmie76; Dec 30, 2017 at 12:35 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.