Wiki Posts
Search

Cost of missing flight?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Cost of missing flight?

Afternoon all,

I've got a flight to Santiago next month but work has rostered me to work fairly late that day, and I cannot get out of it. If all goes to plan I'll make my flight, but any problems at work or on the road and I'm going to miss it. What's the cost of missing a flight on a non-flexible ticket with BA (and still intending to travel)? Will they charge me for a whole new ticket? It's 360 extra to change now to an indirect flight the following day, I'm wondering if this is the cheapest/safest option.

Apologies if a similar question has been asked before, new to the forum.

Cheers
Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
360 sounds like a cheap option! If you miss it, your ticket is lost and a one way flight will set you back a lot more than that...
Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply LC. Does this mean the return flight will be lost as well?
Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
It would get lost yes. Potentially, you could argue to get it reinstated, but all in, 360 quid sounds like a cheap option. If you are nervous about missing it, it is a cheap option!
Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, BA Silver
Doesn't it depend where from and which Santiago this is?
Old Dec 30, 2017, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Apologies, LHR-SCL. Having checked further, it's only 230 to depart and return two days later so I guess that's the easiest option. Thanks for the replies

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.