Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Ideas for FIRST Award to New Orleans MSY from LHR via ?

Ideas for FIRST Award to New Orleans MSY from LHR via ?

Old Dec 31, 17, 12:35 pm
  #16  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Stirling, Scotland
Programs: Amex Centurion - HHonors Diamond - ICH Platinum Roy. Amb. - SPG Gold - Flying Blue Blue - M&M FT
Posts: 1,746
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach View Post
Deep down in Louisiana close to New Orleans
Way back up in the woods among the evergreens
There stood a log cabin made of earth and wood
Where lived a country boy named Johnny B. Goode
Who never ever learned to read or write so well
But he could play a guitar just like a-ringing a bell...

-Consider going south of the city in to the bayou for a swamp tour.
-You can get a great, cheap tour of the city by just getting on the trolley and taking it from one end of St Charles Ave to the other.
-So much good food, so little time.
Thanks, you must have known I'd read this before going out to a party, that's the F hole semi acoustic in a carry bag..........
pmcg is offline  
Old Jan 2, 18, 9:52 am
  #17  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: LAX
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but Plat for a year (yippie)
Posts: 4,360
Originally Posted by pmcg View Post
Thanks, you must have known I'd read this before going out to a party, that's the F hole semi acoustic in a carry bag..........
Maybe someday your name'll be in lights!
pmcg likes this.
QueenOfCoach is offline  
Old Jan 2, 18, 10:55 am
  #18  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 14.66m NbW of PHL
Programs: HH Diamond
Posts: 783
I would second the above suggestion of AUS. I live here and have done the LHR-AUS flight many times, including a few in First - great way to get here. ^

It's on the 787-9 now, but one thing to bear in mind is that this service will switch to the 747 in April.

There are direct flights AUS-MSY, just last month I went there on Southwest, which was perfectly acceptable for the short hop over.
pmcg likes this.

Last edited by jeffers; Jan 2, 18 at 10:55 am Reason: Spelling
jeffers is offline  
Old Jan 3, 18, 8:46 am
  #19  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Stirling, Scotland
Programs: Amex Centurion - HHonors Diamond - ICH Platinum Roy. Amb. - SPG Gold - Flying Blue Blue - M&M FT
Posts: 1,746
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach View Post
Maybe someday your name'll be in lights!
Trust me that wont be any time soon, I've been playing for about 40 years and I'm not getting any better.
They told me practice makes perfect but in my case...............
pmcg is offline  
Old Jan 3, 18, 8:50 am
  #20  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Stirling, Scotland
Programs: Amex Centurion - HHonors Diamond - ICH Platinum Roy. Amb. - SPG Gold - Flying Blue Blue - M&M FT
Posts: 1,746
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks View Post
Sadly AA doesn't offer a direct from Austin, otherwise I'd suggest the LHR-AUS in the 787-9 F. Other carriers will connect AUS-MSY direct, which is only about an hour's flight, not too different from DFW, so could be an option.

LHR-IAH is 777, so best avoided (personally I'd take LHR-MSY J over that).
LHR-DFW is 747, so a step above that.
LHR-MIA can be A380, which I would place as BA's premier F (over 787, but that's solely personal preference). MIA-MSY AA connection is then two hours.
Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
I would second the above suggestion of AUS. I live here and have done the LHR-AUS flight many times, including a few in First - great way to get here. ^

It's on the 787-9 now, but one thing to bear in mind is that this service will switch to the 747 in April.

There are direct flights AUS-MSY, just last month I went there on Southwest, which was perfectly acceptable for the short hop over.
Thanks, I hadn't even considered AUS as an option but well worth considering.

Pity that they are switching to 747 as it would have been a preferred option on the 787.
pmcg is offline  
Old Jan 3, 18, 9:26 am
  #21  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: LAX
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but Plat for a year (yippie)
Posts: 4,360
Originally Posted by pmcg View Post
Trust me that wont be any time soon, I've been playing for about 40 years and I'm not getting any better.
They told me practice makes perfect but in my case...............
Maybe it's best to keep the day job.
QueenOfCoach is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: