FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ideas for FIRST Award to New Orleans MSY from LHR via ?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 8:50 am
pmcg

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Sadly AA doesn't offer a direct from Austin, otherwise I'd suggest the LHR-AUS in the 787-9 F. Other carriers will connect AUS-MSY direct, which is only about an hour's flight, not too different from DFW, so could be an option.

LHR-IAH is 777, so best avoided (personally I'd take LHR-MSY J over that).
LHR-DFW is 747, so a step above that.
LHR-MIA can be A380, which I would place as BA's premier F (over 787, but that's solely personal preference). MIA-MSY AA connection is then two hours.
Originally Posted by jeffers
I would second the above suggestion of AUS. I live here and have done the LHR-AUS flight many times, including a few in First - great way to get here. ^

It's on the 787-9 now, but one thing to bear in mind is that this service will switch to the 747 in April.

There are direct flights AUS-MSY, just last month I went there on Southwest, which was perfectly acceptable for the short hop over.
Thanks, I hadn't even considered AUS as an option but well worth considering.

Pity that they are switching to 747 as it would have been a preferred option on the 787.