Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miami Lounge confusion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2020, 12:30 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by jp-mco

Yes, you will have access to First Flagship Dining if flying in First on BA. This was a recent change introduced earlier this year. Enjoy the Krug!
Is this still true?

The AA website says not.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 12:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

I assume that there is now not a BA option anyway at Miami - the oneworld website doesn't list any option apart from AA
Old Jan 11, 2020, 1:43 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
I assume that there is now not a BA option anyway at Miami - the oneworld website doesn't list any option apart from AA
That’s right. The Admirals Club at Concourse E closed in Autumn 2019
Old Jan 11, 2020, 2:02 pm

I can only comment on my own experience. When flying MIA - LHR in First, back in July '19. I was invited "to join them for dinner in Flagship Dining" those where the magic words I was asked. Of course I didn't refuse the invitation.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 2:12 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Karbry
Of course I didn't refuse the invitation.
It would be rude not to do so. Welcome to Flyertalk Karbry and welcome to the BA forum, I hope we will see more of you here.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 2:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

What time does BA check in open in MIA?
Old Feb 24, 2020, 3:27 pm

Hi. What lounge options are there ex MIA J class silver status? Thanks.

​​
​​​​
Old Feb 24, 2020, 3:32 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Admirals Club and Flagship Lounge at D30, or if you fancy a longer stroll, the Admirals Club at D15
Old Feb 24, 2020, 3:32 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.

​​
​​​​
Silver status gets you access to the Flagship Lounge in the D concourse as well as the other Admirals Clubs

Last edited by golfmad; Feb 24, 2020 at 4:06 pm Reason: Spelling. Again!
Old Feb 24, 2020, 4:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G

​​
​​​​

You don't wanna have an option.. You want flagship
Old Feb 24, 2020, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
You don't wanna have an option.. You want flagship
Why is that?
Old Feb 24, 2020, 4:13 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Because flagship is a proper lounge with free food, spacious and much more. Admiral is like a canteen...Minimum food and space. Also if you want some proper food you have to pay. Really poor lounges.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by ermis177
Because flagship is a proper lounge with free food, spacious and much more. Admiral is like a canteen...Minimum food and space. Also if you want some proper food you have to pay. Really poor lounges.
While the Flagship lounge is superior I don't find much wrong with the regular Admirals Clubs and certainly nothing to complain about when accessing it for free through BA status. It is perfectly adequate.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 7:24 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
I have visited more than 100 lounges and I have found admiral lounges one of the worst lounges I ever been. They feel like a very bad contractor’s lounge. But again I agree that we disagree.
Also I am not sure what you are trying to mean by “accessing with BA status for free”. One world alliance rules?
Old Feb 24, 2020, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by ermis177
I have visited more than 100 lounges and I have found admiral lounges one of the worst lounges I ever been. They feel like a very bad contractor’s lounge. But again I agree that we disagree.
Also I am not sure what you are trying to mean by “accessing with BA status for free”. One world alliance rules?
We will indeed have to agree to disagree. My only complaint would be overcrowding on occasion. It's quite possible that we're looking for different things from a lounge program. All I tend to want is a little space (ideally a desk with power), fresh coffee, water and decent WiFi. I tend to find that AA's lounges provide all of that for me.

Don't read too much into my point about access. I was referring to the fact that even AA's status holders don't get the same access that we do to AA's lounges as BA status holders.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.