Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA IT issue affecting redemption flights?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2017, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Radisson VIP, Hertz Gold, Accor Plat

It seems there an ongoing issue with redemption flight booking on ba.com? Anyone else experiencing it?

In attempting to 'price' a routing, I'm constantly forced back to the page asking if I want to break up my flight with a stopover. No matter what I do, it just goes into a doom loop back at that page.

I also notice that the baredemptionfinder site is citing a BA IT issue, dated today, that is preventing it operating as normal?
Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:03 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

There have been reports today of IT issues re reward flights.

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:43 pm

Error when trying to book reward flights

Hi there

For the last few days I've been trying to book some reward flights (EDI-LON) but I'm continually getting an error message (there was a problem with your request, please try again later) - this is happening on different browsers and on the app.

I just wondered if this is something other users are experiencing?

Thanks

PS Does anybody know if you can switch up the pop up dialogue on the forum which shows when you hover over a thread title on the index page - most annoying!
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, Virgin Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH diamond, IHG Platinum
Yes I am getting the same and it's really getting on my nerves! I either get a message saying there is an error and Try again or stuck in a loop about adding a stopover which doesn't work whichever option you choose.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Been getting this all day too...
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:53 pm

I had a persistent error when trying take advantage of a POUG this afternoon - several times I went through the whole process and got a message saying something along the lines of “there was a problem with this transaction we reccomend you contact BA without delay” - left it a few hour hours and eventually it worked. IT gremlins I guess
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by tim0409
Hi there

For the last few days I've been trying to book some reward flights (EDI-LON) but I'm continually getting an error message (there was a problem with your request, please try again later) - this is happening on different browsers and on the app.

I just wondered if this is something other users are experiencing?

Thanks

PS Does anybody know if you can switch up the pop up dialogue on the forum which shows when you hover over a thread title on the index page - most annoying!
See these threads for some other reports today:
Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:20 am

Programs: BAEC
i tweeted about this and was told to empty my browser cache or call sales . I responded that it was an IT issue they needed to fix
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:45 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
It was working OK earlier today even though it was down yesterday.

It might be up and down a bit.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:57 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, United 1K, Avis Presidents Club, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Elite
I had issues yesterday when trying to use a laptop- but on the ‘IT Glitches’ thread folks suggested using the app via iPhone and that worked for me and was able to make a redemption booking. I’d give that a try...
Old Dec 6, 2017, 2:20 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Funnily enough, currently on BA.com a redemption search is bringing up CASH fares on a codeshare partner as a standalone flight that I had no idea was even bookable as a standalone flight, at a rather high price
Old Dec 6, 2017, 5:06 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold(twice), Hilton Diamond
I have had IT + Redemption problems over the last 2 weeks of November. When trying to book JTR for May I repeatedly got "BA don't fly this route" even though the Timetable confirmed it did(yes, on the correct days), and a dummy cash booking was fine. This lasted 2 weeks & I elected not to 'phone, booked the new route to Kelfalonia instead, although initially this route also prompted the same message. BTW this booking used wife's 241, but 6 days later her account shows it as not redeemed. I won't try to use it again as no doubt this will catch up with us, like not being able to check in as "ticket not properly paid for" or some such.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 5:19 am

Programs: BA GGL
Clearing my cookies for ba.com worked for me.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 5:22 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
I just tried to book a redemption on the phone. The agent got to the payment page and couldn't get further. She went to her manager who said the whole system is down.

The annoying part is that she couldn't hold my flight details there and ring me when the system is up - I have to ring back later and try again from scratch.

Oh.......and she tried to charge me £15 for the call (even though the redemption could not be done online)
florens likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 6:14 am

I've just had a call with BA Newcastle about another issue, and on the off-chance asked if they could look into chance a reward flight to an earlier rotation (no availability showing on BA.com), but the Agent saw availability (not sure if it was X or V bucket) and made the change on the phone with the service fee being charged.

Interestingly, EF is having difficulties today with BA award availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.