Wiki Posts
Search

Silver renewal card not arrived

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2017, 3:40 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Vaclav
What is going on at BA? More cost-cutting perhaps?
I think someone mentioned up-thread that there may have been issues with the printers that make them.

Do you have the BA app on your phone or iPad? The eCard on the app seems to be widely accepted nowadays on other airlines in the alliance*.
With BA you rarely need to worry about the card as your status should be in their system. I haven't had to use my physical card for a very long time.

(OK, not NH - they refused to accept the app-based Star Gold card even thought it was also showing in the system and I am holding grudges against them for holding up my check-in for 30 minutes without even an apology but that's not even OW so I can safely say that's OT! )
Old Dec 14, 2017, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
IDo you have the BA app on your phone or iPad? The eCard on the app seems to be widely accepted nowadays on other airlines in the alliance*.
With BA you rarely need to worry about the card as your status should be in their system. I haven't had to use my physical card for a very long time.
Yes, I do have the BA app. However, when not in Canada, I am on wi-fi only and need to be online to access it. or is there another way?
Old Dec 14, 2017, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Vaclav
Yes, I do have the BA app. However, when not in Canada, I am on wi-fi only and need to be online to access it. or is there another way?
Open up the app account page and launch the full size card. Take a screen shot of it so you can pull that up on your phone. It's unlikely the agent can notice the difference. Though most major airports have free wifi even landslide, so you should also be able to launch your app to get the card. Too bad BA doesn't have the Wallet card feature for more practical access to the card.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:43 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
I have just reserved to the fact my wifes Silver card isn't ever going to come. I assume they have been enhanced away.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by Nicksta
Further, BA Gold allows use of the Flagship lounges and those lounges frequently ask to see the actual card.
I've never been asked for my BA G card at any AA lounge in the US, for the countless times I've used their facilities this year and previous years.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by rossmacd
I've never been asked for my BA G card at any AA lounge in the US, for the countless times I've used their facilities this year and previous years.
I was asked for mine at ORD when using a BA boarding pass as the agent did not seem able to interpret the BP.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life, CCR, VS Silver, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by IFE Wizard
Don't feel bad. I have Renewal Pack for GGL Pending 14 Oct 2017 / Fulfilled 15 Oct 2017 and still nothing received.
Finally received my Renewal Pack today!!! Not bad seeing as it was "Fulfilled" on 15th October.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Rolled over Nov 9, Pending Nov 11, Fulfilled Nov 12, Arrived (US) Dec 15. It never showed as Shipped.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by MADPhil
Rolled over Nov 9, Pending Nov 11, Fulfilled Nov 12, Arrived (US) Dec 15. It never showed as Shipped.
Those are the exact same dates as mine. Better go check the mail.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 8:43 pm

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Nicksta
I ordered a replacement card today.

AA has many confused gate agents in the states who cannot reconcile that BA Gold is OW Emerald and is therefore exempt from certain baggage fees. I would be very cross if the lack of the card ultimately costs me money during my upcoming travels. Further, BA Gold allows use of the Flagship lounges and those lounges frequently ask to see the actual card.
I am surprised at this Nicksta as I travel almost weekly up and down the east coast from MIA to PHL and I never ever have issues with check in staff, lounge staff, anyone - as my boarding pass clearly states “Emerald”.
Are you traveling on an AA FF number, but flashing your BA exec card to gain benefits? This could be a reason why.... just guessing.
If you have your BA number in the booking, Emerald appears on the BP, and IMHO, sometimes they take a few seconds, scan the screen, then suddenly look up and go - oh Mr JetRanger, you are Emerald, BA Gold - welcome to the Admirals club - or whatever.
But I am also flying from a big AA hub to big AA hub, so they probably see this a lot. Are you flying from smaller airports?

Maybe that could be a clue... Just trying to help you figure out why you get asked about it and I never do.....
Nicksta likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 10:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
My reservations are all made under my BA Exec Club number.

I was flying out of Montrose from Telluride and my ski equipment caused my baggage to be overweight. I'm assuming that AA uses contract staff there, but it wasn't until I showed a Gold BA card with an Emerald logo that the fees were waived.

Last week at O'hare, I was asked if I was flying First (I was not) and again the baggage overweight item came up. Three different people advised me that a BA Gold card did not entitle me to any additional baggage, but someone finally took the card to a supervisor who told them to enter it as Exec Platinum.

Flying back from Mexico City, my drinks were comped, but only after showing the actual card.

At the O'hare Admirals Club, I had to show the card to obtain the "invite card" that is presented at the lifts entering the Flagship floor.

I am always surprised that these benefits are not automatically recognized, but having the card has saved me some further hassle and spending in the US. I would not expect that I'm their first interaction with a foreign FF programme, so it is puzzling. I've never tried just showing them the app card, however.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Another datapoint. Myself and the other half both started this year on blue. On 18th Oct we both got pending and fulfilled for bronze, then on 2nd Nov we both got pending and fulfilled for silver. I received my bronze pack on 8th Dec, and silver pack on 18th Dec. Other half still hasn't received anything yet, which seems strange...
Old Dec 21, 2017, 3:36 pm

If it's any consolation, they seem OK in sending out cards when one drops from Silver to Bronze. Mine arrived a couple of days ago here in Switzerland with my Silver card expiring end of this month.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 3:51 pm

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by barneyb
Another datapoint. Myself and the other half both started this year on blue. On 18th Oct we both got pending and fulfilled for bronze, then on 2nd Nov we both got pending and fulfilled for silver. I received my bronze pack on 8th Dec, and silver pack on 18th Dec. Other half still hasn't received anything yet, which seems strange...
Seems about right in our experience - My other half got her Bronze pack yesterday (20/12) - she’s had her Silver pack since mid November 😂. I got a Bronze pack in the summer took about two months. Silver took about a month. Gold pack arrived within 10 days of attaining that level 👍
Old Dec 28, 2017, 6:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
My Silver uplift has been saying Fulfilled for nearly a month now. Some Bronze luggage tags I ordered were also Fulfilled the same day, and arrived a couple of weeks after that date. No Silver pack though !

Does Fulfilled mean it should have made it into the post?
Finally arrived. Still says "Fulfilled" rather than "Dispatched".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.