Wiki Posts
Search

Silver renewal card not arrived

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2017, 5:34 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ, BA CCR GGL
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Occasionally, you might need one to get in to a partner lounge where there's been some IT stuff-up that means that your status doesn't show properly. Or you might be using the BA status for a benefit when the booking you're flying on has got a different FF number on. I have used my card during the last decade for the latter reason, but I think I can count the occasions on the fingers of one hand.
Thanks
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: BA Blue :(
I'm still waiting for my Silver card after re-qualifying 4 weeks ago.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Nuster
Genuine question - why do you need one?I have not carried a card in probably 10 years
I was asked for mine at the ORD Flagship lounge when travelling with a BA boarding pass. The agent seemed to have some trouble finding the information on the BP.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
My Silver uplift has been saying Fulfilled for nearly a month now. Some Bronze luggage tags I ordered were also Fulfilled the same day, and arrived a couple of weeks after that date. No Silver pack though !

Does Fulfilled mean it should have made it into the post?
Old Dec 2, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
My account says "Upgrade to Executive Silver" fulfilled on 16 Oct but I've never received a silver card or bag tags. My year renewed on 8 Nov. so I'll wait for at least another week or so, figuring it takes longer to send to California.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 12:46 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Heh. I was told when I renewed as Silver 9 months ago that because I was Silver the year before I would not be receiving a new card. I've managed without all year assuming that it was another Cruzification of service.

Good to hear that's wrong - Back up to Gold in 2 weeks though, so I better get my hands on the Gold welcome pack.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 1:46 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Wife new silver car sill not dispatched?

My wife made silver a few weeks ago and it looks like her card still isn't dispatched?
As you can see, her bronze was all processed in just a day (card arrived within a week), was this just lucky?

Old Dec 3, 2017, 1:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Silver renewal card not arrived
Old Dec 3, 2017, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
What type of car ?
Old Dec 3, 2017, 3:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Occasionally, you might need one to get in to a partner lounge where there's been some IT stuff-up that means that your status doesn't show properly. Or you might be using the BA status for a benefit when the booking you're flying on has got a different FF number on. I have used my card during the last decade for the latter reason, but I think I can count the occasions on the fingers of one hand.
Would the app one on screen work in these circumstances, I’ve never bothered to carry the actual card.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 6:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by dougzz
Would the app one on screen work in these circumstances, I’ve never bothered to carry the actual card.
AA lounges do now readily accept the e-membership card on the App, though not that many years ago some of the smaller stations seemed to find this a bit dodgy. However there are a few lounges - which normally use invite cards - where if you turn up via an HBO booking and therefore didn't check-in, they like to take a photocopy of your card. Now funnily enough the app e-card does actually photocopy quite well (leaving aside the technical stupidity of it all), the number is very clear, but just once in a while you'll find somewhere where they really want the card itself. GYE comes to mind.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: BA Silver
Silver card 'fulfilled' 15 Oct - and haven't received yet..........hopefully just a production problem as stated in earlier post.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 12:34 pm

I have just started carrying my card after about 10 years of never bothering. Although various outstations do indeed ask to see it, I have never had an issue when I explained I didn't have it on me and cited the number, or showed it on my BP.

Why have I started now? For BoB. It seems the easiest way of paying with Avios.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
To add a data point me and the Mrs. just received our GGL/CCR packs today which were "Fulfilled" on Nov 5 so it took almost a month for the cards to reach us.

They have not been "Dispatched" on either of our accounts so it seems fulfilled and dispatched is pretty much the same thing.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Originally Posted by AnttiV
To add a data point me and the Mrs. just received our GGL/CCR packs today which were "Fulfilled" on Nov 5 so it took almost a month for the cards to reach us.

They have not been "Dispatched" on either of our accounts so it seems fulfilled and dispatched is pretty much the same thing.
Crazy to think how many tens of thousands of pounds you have spent to get those statuses and they take a month to get your welcome pack out. Honestly for GGL I would expect 3 days MAX. seeing as how you are their "best customer".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.