Search

Baggage - long connection at LHR T5

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Baggage - long connection at LHR T5

Hi

I am going to be taking a flight from AGP - LHR arriving at 2215. My connecting flight to ABZ is not until the following morning at 0955.

Does anyone know if I can through check the bags and leave them at LHR overnight or must I reclaim them, take them to a hotel and then re check them in the morning?

Class of travel is CE if this helps?

Cheers

Last edited by Neilgcal; Nov 29, 2017 at 10:58 am
Old Nov 29, 2017, 7:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
So long as it is one ticket, your bags can spend up to 24 hours at LHR, per the scheduled timetable. Irrespective of class of travel. So you should be fine, and this should be the default position of the check-in agent in AGP. If not, just ask it to be checked to the final destination.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Thanks CWS - makes life much easier without all the cases
Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: BA EC
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
Hi

I am going to be taking a flight from AGP - LHR arriving at 2215. My connecting flight to ABZ is not until the following morning at 0955.

Does anyone know if I can through check the bags and leave them at LHR overnight or must I reclaim them, take them to a hotel and then re check them in the morning?

Class of travel is CE if this helps?

Cheers
Just wonder can one stay in T5 airside in this case?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by neofung
No, it shuts down during the night. You could stay landside, of course, but I wouldn't recommend it.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by neofung
No, Terminal 5 does actually close at night and there is a clear-down search by HAL staff after the final departure (usually to Abuja at 22:30). Anyone found airside is turfed out invited to go to the coffee bar in Arrivals landside. They do very occasionally keep airside open all night, when there is bad weather, but I don't think they've needed to do that for a couple of years now. Some Border Force agents are kept available all night long just in case there is an unexpected arrival (e.g. diversion).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.