Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Taking a radio controlled car on a BA flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2017, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Hi...I'm flying to Orlando next month with BA and taking a Nikko vaporizer 2 radio controlled car with us for my Grandson's Christmas..does anyone have any idea whether it's ok to take onboard and whether it should be in hand luggage or checked baggage. Thanks
Old Nov 26, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Don't leave the batteries connected (to either the car or the controller) and don't check the batteries into the hold, take them into the cabin.

Whether you check the rest of the car and controller into the hold or carry them on is up to you.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 10:05 am

Also, welcome to Flyertalk and the BA forum, I hope you enjoy it here.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flatlander
Don't leave the batteries connected (to either the car or the controller) and don't check the batteries into the hold, take them into the cabin.

Whether you check the rest of the car and controller into the hold or carry them on is up to you.
Thank you for that...I was a bit worried about taking it and having it taken off me,think I'll just put it in my cabin bag then with the batteries removed. I take it that US security on the way home will be ok with it in hand baggage too?
Old Nov 26, 2017, 10:27 am

The USA should be fine.

I suggest placing it separately through the security scanner, rather than in a bag with other things, so the scanner operator can clearly see what it is. That applies to any electrical item with motors, batteries, electronics, wires, etc.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flatlander
The USA should be fine.

I suggest placing it separately through the security scanner, rather than in a bag with other things, so the scanner operator can clearly see what it is. That applies to any electrical item with motors, batteries, electronics, wires, etc.
That's great..ty for replying and for the welcome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.