Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Price Increases [APD increases in Premium Cabins in Nov 2017 UK Budget]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold GUF Thai Airways Royal Orchid

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-...eporting-storyLooks like more price increases for premium fares.
Looks like I;ll be doing even more AMS etc
  • Short-haul air passenger duty rates and long-haul economy rates to be frozen, paid for by an increase on premium-class tickets and on private jets
Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:30 am
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
Well its works for me...No Stamp Duty
Flame3601 likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Nightbus to Dalson
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-...eporting-storyLooks like more price increases for premium fares.
Looks like I;ll be doing even more AMS etc
The full budget document says
The long-haul rate for economy passengers will be frozen at the 2018-19 rates while the rates for premium economy, business and frst class will increase by 16
florens likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: Newbie BA Gold
Originally Posted by Misco60
"The long-haul rate for economy passengers will be frozen at the 2018-19 rates while the rates for premium economy, business and frst class will increase by 16"
= BA will increase those fares by 160.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Welcome to post-Brexit Britain which is open to doing business with the World, if you ignore the highest air duty of any Country in the World
Old Nov 22, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Delta Platinum medallion
I travel WT+ for all my longhaul (usually manage to UuA or OPUP inbound) but it seems rather unfair that that higher rate for WT+ is the same as CW and First.

ABZ is 50mins away - the 2hr drive to INV and hence avoiding APD is becoming more attractive - even if its over a high level road which is hard work in Winter.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Welcome to post-Brexit Britain which is open to doing business with the World, if you ignore the highest air duty of any Country in the World
Without wishing to go onto Omni territory, I would suspect that give the comments by McDonnell & Corbyn on air travel and inequality, the next labour government may look at these again.
WorldLux likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:28 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Keystone
I travel WT+ for all my longhaul (usually manage to UuA or OPUP inbound) but it seems rather unfair that that higher rate for WT+ is the same as CW and First.

ABZ is 50mins away - the 2hr drive to INV and hence avoiding APD is becoming more attractive - even if its over a high level road which is hard work in Winter.
At this rate you'll soon be able to charter a helicopter to Inverness and still save money!
Calchas likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Pilot37
Apart from the fact tgat APD was started whilst in the EUSSR and is increased whilst still in the EUSSR.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Nov 22, 2017 at 10:49 am Reason: Remove inflammatory political statement
Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Is anybody aware of analysis showing how airlines and passengers share the incidence of the tax?
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
DUB increases its appeal

*other options also exist.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:04 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
For all the bluster, current APD levels don't appear to be acting as a significant brake on the numbers of passengers carried.

If or when they do, we might see a review. Not before.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:08 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by V10
For all the bluster, current APD levels don't appear to be acting as a significant brake on the numbers of passengers carried.

If or when they do, we might see a review. Not before.
That doesn't make the fact that the UK continues to try to find every conceivable means to take far more than their fair share from wealthier tax payers suddenly OK.
Calchas likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:09 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Folks, please respect the long-established FT protocol of keeping the forums free from being sidetracked into political debate.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
I thought that economy and premium economy were one bracket and J,F in the higher one. Not so? WTP is lumped in with J &F?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.