Wiki Posts
Search

Bronze

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2017, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Bronze

I know ... no big deal but it does allow one to pick seats at 7 days before flying. Does status expire on the anniversary of the award or at the end of the following year?

Thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2017, 5:05 pm

There's more detail in the guide in the stickies at the top of the board.

But if you imagine this:

Your tier year runs from November 9th to November 8th. You get your status on (say) December 9th - so a month after your year starts. You would have that status through the whole of the rest of your tier year, the whole of the year after and then it would continue to the end of the month *after* your tier year ends.

So - if you got your status on December 9th 2017 - your bronze status would actually end on December 31st 2019.

And to be clear - that's just an example. Your tier point year can run from any month in the year.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by drewaz
I know ... no big deal but it does allow one to pick seats at 7 days before flying. Does status expire on the anniversary of the award or at the end of the following year?

Thanks!
And priority check-in, which can be a very nice perk at times ^. Enjoy .
Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MPH1980

But if you imagine this:

Your tier year runs from November 9th to November 8th. You get your status on (say) December 9th - so a month after your year starts. You would have that status through the whole of the rest of your tier year, the whole of the year after and then it would continue to the end of the month *after* your tier year ends.

So - if you got your status on December 9th 2017 - your bronze status would actually end on December 31st 2019.

And to be clear - that's just an example. Your tier point year can run from any month in the year.
so .... I'm still a little confused:
Bronze qualifying long haul flights completed in mid September 2017
Tier collection year ended October 18, 2017
Our next flight will be in October 1 2018 (CW). This is a Chase 241.
Will we still have Bronze status in October 2018?

I don't want to pay for UD seats if I will be able to choose seats 7 days in advance.

Thanks again .........
Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:42 pm

Yes. Once you qualify - you have your status for the remainder of your tier year (in your case - until that October 8th) and then the whole of the tier year after (till October 8th 2018) and then you're given an extra month and a bit. So without any further status flying you will still have your status until November 30th 2018.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Yes. Once you qualify - you have your status for the remainder of your tier year (in your case - until that October 8th) and then the whole of the tier year after (till October 8th 2018) and then you're given an extra month and a bit. So without any further status flying you will still have your status until November 30th 2018.
Thanks very much!
We only fly BA every year or two when we head out on a European holiday from PHX.
I usually pay for UD seats since it's such a treat to sit upstairs but this time I think I'll save some $ and chance that we can grab 2 seats 7 days before we travel.
You frequent BA fliers are great!
Old Nov 20, 2017, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by drewaz
Thanks very much!
We only fly BA every year or two when we head out on a European holiday from PHX.
I usually pay for UD seats since it's such a treat to sit upstairs but this time I think I'll save some $ and chance that we can grab 2 seats 7 days before we travel.
You frequent BA fliers are great!
I think my suggestion would be:
If sitting together AND on the upper deck is important - pay.
I would hazard a guess that there'll be 2 seats on the upper deck at 7 days out - I just wouldn't guarantee they'll be together.

I've got a 747 UD coming in Jan and, already, there's only 3 pairs left up there.
Cymro likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
And in case this is a quick way, there's some information here: A brief guide to moving between Tiers in the BAEC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.