Search

Booking Joker using US fare availability

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
Booking Joker using US fare availability

Hi all,

Recently qualified for GGL, and trying to use my first joker. Trying to redeem Amex 241 to SEZ in April 2018, but already there is very limited availability in A class fare bucket in the UK. Have called several GGL line several times, but no luck at opening any additional availability.

Currently have Amex 241 LHR-SEZ booked using Joker with outbound in F and return in CW. Looking to get return in F, but only 1 seat in A bucket available. Checking US availability, I see 3 A fares available.

Any one have experience in using a Joker against US fare availability? Is this possible to do? Is there a dedicated US GGL line I can call?

Any help appreciated!
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Welcome to Flyertalk Carmer!

I don't believe you'll have much luck making your request based on US availability. When the US call centre was open (I used to work there) our requests would sometimes be rejected if it didn't match up with UK availability.

There isn't a US call centre anymore and your call will just go back to the UK (or India) and they'll revert to UK availability for a UK member.

Not sure there's much more you can but to keep checking availability every so often in case something changes.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by JAXBA
I don't believe you'll have much luck making your request based on US availability. When the US call centre was open (I used to work there) our requests would sometimes be rejected if it didn't match up with UK availability.

There isn't a US call centre anymore and your call will just go back to the UK (or India) and they'll revert to UK availability for a UK member.

Not sure there's much more you can but to keep checking availability every so often in case something changes.
You can only get US availability if you move your account address to the US... but this then makes you ineligible for a UK-based Amex voucher. It's the combination of the two parts that stops you here.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 4:35 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by LordBuckethead
You can only get US availability if you move your account address to the US... but this then makes you ineligible for a UK-based Amex voucher. It's the combination of the two parts that stops you here.
It's worse than that. I am based in the US and in the past I have wanted to use a joker on a flight from MIA-LHR where there was A class availability using a US POS but none using a UK POS. My request was declined as they said the UK POS had to be used even where the flight originated from the US.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Regarding UK POS, see these threads (includes golfmad's experience):
Tale of two GGL conversations...
'Point of Sale' - relevant for using a GGL 'Joker'
Which POS is used to determine whether a joker can be applied?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 12:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk Carmer, and welcome to the BA Board, it's good to see you here and I very much hope that you will be able to continue participating in this forum.

There are some routes where even with a Joker you may struggle, and I would be fairly certain that the Seychelles will be joining Cape Town and Sydney in that category, particularly around popular times of the year. So personally I would have thought that to get a 2-4-1 into CW would be a fairly good result. But if the A bucket improves - which it can do as time moves on - then you should be OK, so long as there isn't another Joker deployed....
Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:05 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Duplicate

Last edited by ermen; Jan 5, 2018 at 1:09 am Reason: Duplicate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.