Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

‘FLUB’ class: travel in First (F) cabin but with Club (J) service on 4-class aircraft

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

‘FLUB’ class: travel in First (F) cabin but with Club (J) service on 4-class aircraft

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by jah718
Hi all, I am booked in Club LHR - MAD this Sunday on 772 with J from rows 10 - 15.

All of a sudden, there is an additional row 4 at the front, 8 across, all forward facing. What does this mean?

Thanks for any advice!

I had this a little while ago when flying MAD-LHR and it turned out to be a 3-class 777. The 8 abreast in row 4 is the give away, but no idea why the seat map doesn't show rows 1-3.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 5:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by pennineuk
I had this a little while ago when flying MAD-LHR and it turned out to be a 3-class 777. The 8 abreast in row 4 is the give away, but no idea why the seat map doesn't show rows 1-3.
So in this case (3-class 777) is the CE service for rows 10 to 15 in the WTP seats? We have the same seat map on MMB for MAD-LHR on Tuesday 5th June (8 abreast row 4, all facing forward). I can't see a 3-class 777 variant with CW seats as far back as row 15 (I'm looking at the seatmaps on thebasource.com).
And although row 4 is showing as empty, I can't select the seats via MMB. Worth a phonecall?
Old Jun 4, 2018, 9:43 am

Just been FLUBbed LGW-ANU for 06JUN.

Pre-assigned seats 10AB have been confirmed since the booking was created 10+ months ago. (Rows 10-15 have always showed as Club which indicates it always has been a 4 class 777 destined to operate the route. 1-4 have never shown on MMB seat map).

Happened to go into MMB this afternoon to pre-assign main course for the meal service and noticed seats have been amended to 1EF.
When I went in to check the meal options this morning the seats were stil 10AB so the update has only occurred at some point between 1100-1500 today (2 days before travel). No email notification has been received advising of the seat shift. I'm unable to see any seat map in MMB now for the LGW-ANU flight in order to amend back to original seats but my main fear is IF BA decide not to use the F cabin on the day and I'm seat shifted back to the regular Club cabin, I'm not necessarily going to get decent seats. Also my preference would be 2x solo window seats as opposed to a pair of middle seats but I'm unable to amend.

While I'm not knocking the FLUB opportunity to sit in a F seat with a J service, if I cant secure seats in the FLUB cabin that I want, I would prefer to be moved back to 10AB.

Gold Line guy couldn't quite fathom out what was happening with the seat map until I enlightened him what the situation is. He was also unable to amend suggested that as intervention is underway to move status passengers forward and others have been selected also, it is unlikely to re-close and passengers seat-shifted back. I've been advised to keep checking as the seat map MIGHT update. I'm not convinced it will so I'm guessing I'll need to be online when check-in opens tomorrow morning to get what I want.

Thoughts anyone?
Old Jun 4, 2018, 10:37 am

The flight appears to be wide open: J9 C9 D9 R9 I9 W9 E9 T9 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 O9 G9

Expertflyer shows eight seats assigned in the F cabin, with the additional six blocked.

Only a dozen of 48 seats in the J cabin are currently assigned, but that doesn't necessarily translate into number of bookings. I'm sure someone with inside access to booking figures might advise shortly, but based upon the inventory and seatmap, I'd try and move back to the Club seats. 10AB still show as open.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 3:26 am

Well Flub planned out despite the low load.
1EF unable to be amended (even at check in, all showing as blocked). Main club has 17 spare seats today. Flub has 8/14 seats taken - appears to be strictly Golds/Emeralds only. Heard someone ask on board to move forward but politely refused.
makin'miles likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 5:04 am

Programs: BA Silver
Managed to snag 2A from 11B on 777, then booted back :(

Flying today, 13:20 LHR-MAD and had selected 11B on booking (BA Silver). About an hour before check in yesterday, rows 1-4 opened up, so I moved myself to 2A on website, email and mobile app confirmed change too.

An hour later, go to check in and have been moved back to 11A :’( Changed myself back to aisle 11B, as no 1-4 showing as available, assuming that FLUB had been reverted back to no 1st. Turn up today, thought I’d ask at the desk and advised that no aircraft change but 1st seats all booked and shouldn’t have had seat changed even for Gold once confirmed and he could see I had been.

Advised to ask at gate, but guessing I’m “stuck” in Club World...ah well, you win some, you lose some..
Old Jun 12, 2018, 4:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
how do the 8 abreast all front facing seats on FLUB seating plans translate into real F seat numbers?
Old Jun 16, 2018, 11:17 am

Just been FLUBBED again for the inbound ANU-LGW this evening. No indication the F cabin was in use according to seat maps in mmb (just getting rows 10-15 standard seat map) right up until 25hrs before OLCI opened. Went in to mmb to complete OLCI and have been seat shifted from 10AB to 4EF. Happy days 😊
Old Sep 20, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, Tesco, Nectar
Was flubbed to MAD this past weekend. 3 golds moved forward. Club world looked pretty full but couldnt tell if completely. No first class seat selection available to me at ANY point. Then as I leave the lounge I go to customer service near the transit lift in T5 and I've been flubbed to 4K!! Great.

I board and 1A is empty, so I ask and crew are more than happy to oblige me to take it. Honestly I was beyond ecstatic and it was so incredibly private. Since crew were mainly in CW. Also, I had the whole left side of F to myself and the toilet/galley area at the front were deserted.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 4:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
Curious what day this was on? I flew out Saturday and asked if first was open upon boarding and was told it wasn't. Didn't think anything of it and settled into 10A, but then occured to me when leaving that there were quite a few people ahead of me in the jet bridge. Not that fussed, as I say just curious!
Old Sep 20, 2018, 10:38 am
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
Imagine being presented with your FLUB boarding pass at check in, framing it as a ‘thank you’ for being a good customer.

To get to the gate and be told they’ve changed their mind, loads lighter than expected and not using F after all, your original seat already reassigned and you’ll be sharing the CW middle seat with a stranger.

Spectular to hang out in the galley to get away from your snoring seat mate and see crew resting in your original seat
RJD1983 and mhrb like this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:16 am

Hi all,

Flying on a 4 class 777 LGW-ANU BA2157 on Wednesday.

MrsMM and I have been keeping a close eye on seats allocation to see what our chances of Flub are. As per last night there were only 11 unallocated seats so we thought we might be in with a chance given we were not yet at T-24.

However, on checking this morning, it seams a further 16 seats have opened up in the J cabin. Is this because they have opened F but we have not been moved forward? I can’t see the F map in seat allocation, and not sure where the other 2 pax have gone as I thought there were only 14 seats in F.

or is this something else, does BA randomly block out portions of the cabin?

Wont be offended if F is in use and we are not in it, would have been a nice bonus, but happier for more space in J.

Thanks,
TMM
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:52 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Looking at the seat map, then yes they have opened up FLUB. What happens next is anyone's guess. WT looks overbooked to me, so some will be pushed into WTP, but WTP doesn't look like it is massively overbooked, E bucket is still on sale. So I don't see too many going from WTP to CW. In which case I don't think they need Flub to cram everyone in. And they could do a late aircraft swap to a 10-a-side and resolve the issue anyway. As things stand, I suspect the 10 CW passengers in Flub will end up back in CW, or some of them, unless they have massively overbooked WT. If you can't move on MMB, all you can do is ask at check-in.

Old Oct 1, 2018, 7:11 am

Much appreciated, as always.

TMM
Old Oct 1, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Good luck. Always worth asking.

On a related note. Has anyone worked out that when the seat maps for 777 Flub (showing rows 2 to 4 and 8 seats across) they match across to the actual seats? In the past I’ve always gone for 2A given it is at least a real seat!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.