Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

‘FLUB’ class: travel in First (F) cabin but with Club (J) service on 4-class aircraft

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

‘FLUB’ class: travel in First (F) cabin but with Club (J) service on 4-class aircraft

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:44 am

Programs: BAEC, Silver
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Are you sure that the cabin is actually opened up or does it just look like that on ba.com?

My experience has been that the allocation of F seats is done only once the aircraft is under airport control which is with 24 hours of departure. I've tried calling the GGL line in advance and they haven't been able to allocate seats in F, whether they appear open or blocked on ba.com or Expertflyer.

One time, after MrsTT1F had only got home the night before off another very delayed longhaul BA flight, then the GGL line messaged LGW to ask if there was anything that could be done. Otherwise it does seem to be something you can't influence. I've never been able to select the F seats online, whether appearing to be available or not. Please keep us informed!
First cabin was definitely used.
unsure how people were picked for it - however now stood at baggage reclaim at LGW and some of those sat in F have Gold cards attached to luggage - so maybe it was done on status basis
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 1:54 pm

I'm booked on (what appeared to be) a very heavily sold TLV-LHR three-class 777 service this weekend, that was switched to a 77W earlier today. This appeared to open up the inventory a bit. I've tried to change my Club seat on both the BA app and online - when I do so, the F cabin map only comes up, although all seats show as blocked; I cannot see any seats in the J cabin. My seat number still shows as a J cabin seat, however - but this is the seat number that I had on the flight prior to it being switched.

Any sense as to whether I may be in the process of being FLUBed?
Old Mar 14, 2018, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
If you are gold then the answer is probably
Old Mar 14, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Originally Posted by makin'miles
I'm booked on (what appeared to be) a very heavily sold TLV-LHR three-class 777 service this weekend, that was switched to a 77W earlier today. This appeared to open up the inventory a bit. I've tried to change my Club seat on both the BA app and online - when I do so, the F cabin map only comes up, although all seats show as blocked; I cannot see any seats in the J cabin. My seat number still shows as a J cabin seat, however - but this is the seat number that I had on the flight prior to it being switched.

TLV usually has Gold cards being given FLUB. I had it on the 1st of Febuary.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 2:20 pm

Thanks - yes, I'm a Gold. Perhaps they've identified me to be moved up, but are holding off on releasing the seats until closer to departure in the event FLUB isn't needed. I'll report back... lost my direct aisle access seat, so fingers crossed .
rt23456p likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:51 am

I'm on the CAI - LHR flight on 25th April. ExpertFlyer is showing it as J0 C0 D0 R0 I0 W5 E2 T0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0. If it's J0, does that mean they will open up Flub (It's a re-assigned 789)?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 12:03 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
I'm on the CAI - LHR flight on 25th April. ExpertFlyer is showing it as J0 C0 D0 R0 I0 W5 E2 T0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0. If it's J0, does that mean they will open up Flub (It's a re-assigned 789)?
If it stays like that, yes there would a good chance of it. But they may of course revert to alternative equipment, and it would only take one extended family to cancel their booking and the whole thing opens up again.

I wonder why CAI is so popular......
Frequent flyer 101 likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Are you trolling? This has nothing to do with Cruz, has been the case for years, and is not SHOCKING. These are flights where First is not marketed for the flight, but for operational reasons an aircraft with an F cabin is swapped into the rotation. In that instance the onboard service remains the same, but some CW pax may get lucky and get an F seat. I don't think there's any reason to complain about that setup... save for the uncertainty among informed FTers about whether or not they'll be able to nab that prized F seat, as per the OP's query above.
So quick to criticise, sorry for you BA haters.

If if there’s an issue with paying for J and getting F then there’s no pleasing you!
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If it stays like that, yes there would a good chance of it. But they may of course revert to alternative equipment, and it would only take one extended family to cancel their booking and the whole thing opens up again.

I wonder why CAI is so popular......
Thanks. I presume this means that BA will sell all of the First/CW seats and J0 would indicate this has happened? So assuming no changes, that would mean that all 8 F seats are required?
Old Apr 14, 2018, 5:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by makin'miles

But you can buy an F fare on the 2 777 rotations to TLV?
rt23456p likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 11:35 pm

The afternoon departure to TLV (BA 167) and return the next morning is operated by a three-class aircraft three times a week.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 3:25 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
This issue can also be a cause of bad feeling towards BA. Our friends were rather miffed after a flight to BGI. They had wanted F but were told there was no F on that flight so settled for J
On boarding they had to walk through an F cabin, they were furious when told they couldn’t sit in it!
rt23456p likes this.
Old May 3, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: BA Gold
Off to ANU on Saturday morning in CW and noticed on Expert Flyer that several have moved forward to F from J... from the loads I'm not certain it'll be used, though economy is totally sold out so may be upgrades. While very happy in our CW middle pair, I am curious for future reference why I can't move forward myself. Is it golds only? I was able to on the Madrid 787
Old May 19, 2018, 5:04 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Just en route LHR-MAD BA460 with the usual 777. Booked into row 10 (J) and now moved into the F cabin, row 2, as it is a very busy flight today. So CE service in F, which is a bit different to even J in F. What do we call this? FLUBE?
mikeyfly likes this.
Old May 31, 2018, 8:09 am

Hi all, I am booked in Club LHR - MAD this Sunday on 772 with J from rows 10 - 15.

All of a sudden, there is an additional row 4 at the front, 8 across, all forward facing. What does this mean?

Thanks for any advice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.