Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CW: Chicken or Beef?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:26 pm

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
Originally Posted by Collierkr
Thanks for sharing this. I have no experience with these service levels.
Try Qatar business too - dine on demand from an extensive menu, no set meal times, chef will make up dishes to special requests.

BA CW is just not up to this kind of standard.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:36 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by wyvern
Try Qatar business too - dine on demand from an extensive menu, no set meal times, chef will make up dishes to special requests....
I find the majority of QR food is just bland, nothing special at all.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: Deliveroo Plus
Veering off subject, has anyone come across a thread regarding the special meal options on flights? Does it exist?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:02 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by yb90
Veering off subject, has anyone come across a thread regarding the special meal options on flights? Does it exist?
I'm sure there's a vegetarian thread somewhere. Not sure about the other a meals though. Just found it.

I just tried to put the link in as there is a vegetarian thread but my phone is playing up.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1779955-vegan-vegetarian-food-thread.html

Here's the link to the veggie one if that helps
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by BrianWBrazil
I suspect that you are not ever going to get rare or medium rare on an airline for reasons of health and safety and public liablity.
Air New Zealand can do wonderful steaks cooked as you like it. BA can't.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by YYZ_TVGuy
Brilliant! As a star person, that's just pretty damn cool. Thank you for the heads up.

This is the menu offered for my LHR-YUL on 11 december:

Braised British beef in a red wine sauce with roasted herb new potatoes, sauted mushrooms, baby onions and fine green beans
Had the beef on a recent flight from LHR to SFO and that was propably the worst meal I ever had on a plane, including WT. I don't know how they did it but the "beef" was more like a grey rubber like shoe bottom, hard to cut, not to talk about chewing. The mushrooms where swimming in grease and the beans were more like matchsticks. Saw a few fellow passengers ask if there any other meals available or even leftovers in the back of the plane. I'm not picky but that was just disgusting.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 5:54 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I have a flight to Montral coming up and chicken is the chilled salad option. .
Excuse me for going off topic but it's a shame you're not travelling to YUL on Sunday (19th) as we could have shared sheep stories!

You can't be on that flight though as only one of the four best seats is taken, and that's by me.

(I'm also starting from GVA).
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by buzzrm
Excuse me for going off topic but it's a shame you're not travelling to YUL on Sunday (19th) as we could have shared sheep stories!

You can't be on that flight though as only one of the four best seats is taken, and that's by me.
Greetings to you in 3A, then! You are quite right, I'm a few days later.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by wyvern
Try Qatar business too - dine on demand from an extensive menu, no set meal times, chef will make up dishes to special requests.

BA CW is just not up to this kind of standard.
QR J class food is always good (and on Japan route especially so) ^
rossmacd likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by subject2load
QR J class food is always good (and on Japan route especially so) ^
Not according to some on here - it is "bland" apparently. The mezze which is a staple of many QR menus is excellent, and perfectly suited to my tastes. Ergo, I must have a very bland palate
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
I had the beef dish about 3 weeks ago in CW on LHR-LAX and I thought I was going to break the tray table trying to saw through it. Easily the worst beef dish I've ever had. YMMV.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:05 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
QR food
Is there some sort of covert competition to see who can sneak the most comparisons with QR in to every BA forum thread ?
mec72 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: AA 2MillionMiler, BA ExecutiveClub, UA MileagePlus, AS MileagePlan
Originally Posted by YYZ_TVGuy
I'm assuming you're talking about a great restaurant in YUL - I'm heading on to YOW by car where I can easily make a great steak appear for a fraction of the price in GVA. So I guess I'll go with the chicken then. It's too bad that I can't grab the beef - the sides speak to me. But I'd rather a decent chicken than an overdone beef. That's the advice I was looking for and thanks for providing it.
I hope you choose the chicken. See my pictures in this thread: Post your BA Food Pictures here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.