Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Silver renewal enhancements - no bag tags....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Silver renewal enhancements - no bag tags....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2017, 2:30 pm

I’ve just become Silver so I really hope I will be getting some tags. When I got to Bronze I got some tags.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Greenpen
I’ve just become Silver so I really hope I will be getting some tags. When I got to Bronze I got some tags.
I think you will. When your status changes you get the new ones, when it remains the same they assume you’ll keep the old ones, or order more if you need them.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by dougzz
I think you will. When your status changes you get the new ones, when it remains the same they assume you’ll keep the old ones, or order more if you need them.
Uhm, not sure about silver but with GGL I keep getting a pair of tags every year (same with someone else with gold.)
Old Nov 11, 2017, 5:54 pm

Programs: Varies
I didn't receive any when I softlanded to silver this year. When I posted about it here it was suggested that I was gauche to worry about such things. It's obviously too much to expect luggage tags from BA these days, or charm from some of our fellow travellers.
kosy91 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by ttama
I didn't receive any when I softlanded to silver this year. When I posted about it here it was suggested that I was gauche to worry about such things. It's obviously too much to expect luggage tags from BA these days, or charm from some of our fellow travellers.
It’s easy to order them from your BAEC page. I’ve used mine, and really don’t give a toss what anyone thinks of that. They have your name and number on, what better way to have the bag identified when flying BA or another OW carrier. I like the bronze ones, nicest colour.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
I find them handy to tuck into a side pocket with visible cord to on holiday bags to (hopefully) help them be reunited if they go astray.

I like the bronze ones, nicest colour.
No Bronze tags in my soft-landing from earlier this year, so maybe you only get them on the way up for each tier? TP to hit Silver landed in my BAEC a/c this w/e, so I've ordered Bronze tags while they still show in my BAEC Items list to help me complete the colour set . I already have Silver and Gold, and GGL is not a colour (do they get special bag tags ?).

Last edited by EsherFlyer; Nov 12, 2017 at 3:39 am
Old Nov 12, 2017, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
No Bronze tags in my soft-landing from earlier this year, so maybe you only get them on the way up for each tier? TP to hit Silver landed in my BAEC a/c this w/e, so I've ordered Bronze tags while they still show in my BAEC Items list to help me complete the colour set .
we were Blooo from 2007-2011, but I have no recollection of having tags ... but I have a generous collection of His&Hers Silver and Gold tags from 2011 onward.

Did I throw the Blooo ones away in shame? Or didn't BA issue them back then?

Last edited by T8191; Nov 12, 2017 at 8:16 am Reason: Were we Silver before they invented Bronze?
Old Nov 12, 2017, 3:52 am

Received my bronze ones a few months ago. Not sure why they bother. Does anyone actually want to flaunt their bronze status?
bafan likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
Received my bronze ones a few months ago. Not sure why they bother. Does anyone actually want to flaunt their bronze status?
I think people who are Bronze think they are high status and they have "made" it. I have seen some really DYKWIA types at airports who have had bronze tags on there bags for all to see. It was not that long ago really I was bronze myself I am just a leisure flyer. When the Envelope arrived with Bronze written on the outside I didn't open it and it remains sealed until this day. Thing is baggage gets thrown around and the tags can snap off anyway so they are pretty pointless; but I assume it makes people feel important if they have them.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
It’s easy to order them from your BAEC page. I’ve used mine, and really don’t give a toss what anyone thinks of that. They have your name and number on, what better way to have the bag identified when flying BA or another OW carrier. I like the bronze ones, nicest colour.
Can you honestly say, hand on heart, that you really do put the "nicest" tags on your bags?
Old Nov 12, 2017, 4:36 am

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
Could perfectly dispense within the dreadful tags and whilst you are at it the cards too.

How very presumptuous of all these companies running loyalty programs that I want to carry their rubbish pieces of plastic in my wallet.

The only cards I carry are credit cards and driver's license. Everything else is simply stashed away.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 5:06 am

Programs: Varies
Thanks. Hadn't thought about ordering them online. I'll go for it, and sneer at the sneers of the anti-tag nazis .
Old Nov 12, 2017, 6:23 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
No luggage tags on my recent gold renewal. If memory serves correctly this is the first time I've not had luggage tags upon renewal (have been gold for several years). I do use the tags for bag identification etc; they seem to have a fairly short shelf life though as finding a snapped / broken one on arriving somewhere isn't that unusual!
Old Nov 12, 2017, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Not notice much tag attrition, albeit only around 30 sectors p/a but with a wide soectrum of airports. One bent and one lost, IIRC. I use the wire screw-end attachments, which may allow a bit more flexy?
Old Nov 12, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by Padmeister
I think people who are Bronze think they are high status and they have "made" it. I have seen some really DYKWIA types at airports who have had bronze tags on there bags for all to see. It was not that long ago really I was bronze myself I am just a leisure flyer. When the Envelope arrived with Bronze written on the outside I didn't open it and it remains sealed until this day. Thing is baggage gets thrown around and the tags can snap off anyway so they are pretty pointless; but I assume it makes people feel important if they have them.
i think when it comes to self-importance, you're looking in the wrong place by targeting the Bronzes...and who cares if people want to use them, or what their reason is for doing so?
dougzz, T8191, ttama and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.