FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Silver renewal enhancements - no bag tags.... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1876950-silver-renewal-enhancements-no-bag-tags.html)

Tdgraves Nov 11, 2017 3:22 am

Silver renewal enhancements - no bag tags....

Just got my silver membership renewal pack with no bag tags. Perhaps they have been reading FT and are trying to be peacemakers? Or maybe it is just a money saving scheme....

I’ve just ordered one through my account and it did say “tag”rather than “tags” so I am expecting just one :td:

Padmeister Nov 11, 2017 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Tdgraves (Post 29047192)
Just got my silver membership renewal pack with no bag tags. Perhaps they have been reading FT and are trying to be peacemakers? Or maybe it is just a money saving scheme....

I’ve just ordered one through my account and it did say “tag”rather than “tags” so I am expecting just one :td:

You don't need them anyway really I am Gold and don't use mine they are still in the Envelope. All they say is "luck at me I have status"

stevebintley Nov 11, 2017 3:41 am

I'll become Silver for the first time after my Monday flight and was quite looking forward to them as a token, even though I most likely wouldn't display them. Hopefully this isn't the case, or us newbies retain the treat at least!

T8191 Nov 11, 2017 4:32 am

Originally Posted by Padmeister (Post 29047209)
You don't need them anyway really I am Gold and don't use mine they are still in the Envelope. All they say is "luck at me I have status"

Opinion is, inevitably, divided on that subject ... as has been discussed here on numerous occasions ;)

hedgehopper Nov 11, 2017 4:35 am

^ Good that BA are paying some attention to the amount of plastic waste in the world. I say this as a soon to be not bronzie - not as if I fly enough to ever wear out the tags!

Takiteasy Nov 11, 2017 6:54 am

Weird. My wife received her silver card pack this week and it included 2 luggage tags (which she has no intention to use either). Look again, they are on a piece of cardboard hidden behind the card itself.

bafan Nov 11, 2017 8:23 am

Just checked my new ‘downgrade to silver’ pack. And no luggage tags for me either.

Perhaps they guessed that I’ll be carrying on using my gold ones for as long as I can...

DavidYYC Nov 11, 2017 8:56 am

No tags for me in my minimalist renewal package.

Tdgraves Nov 11, 2017 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Takiteasy (Post 29047497)
Weird. My wife received her silver card pack this week and it included 2 luggage tags (which she has no intention to use either). Look again, they are on a piece of cardboard hidden behind the card itself.

Nope, definitely not, I must be in a lower silver tier :confused:

Takiteasy Nov 11, 2017 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Tdgraves (Post 29048113)

Come think of it: you won’t get them for renewal or for soft landing. Is that your case?

scottishpoet Nov 11, 2017 10:39 am

not sure you got new tags when you renew a tier. there is no expiry date on the tags so no reason for new ones

irishguy28 Nov 11, 2017 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Padmeister (Post 29047209)
All they say is "luck at me I have status"

Are they saying "luck at me" or "lucky me"?

Tdgraves Nov 11, 2017 11:03 am

Originally Posted by scottishpoet (Post 29048223)
not sure you got new tags when you renew a tier. there is no expiry date on the tags so no reason for new ones

Makes sense, although I thought I got some last year, but perhaps I was mistaken

Dubh Nov 11, 2017 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Tdgraves (Post 29048113)

Matt Silver. Not gloss Silver.

gingerlucy Nov 11, 2017 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Tdgraves (Post 29047192)

"Tag" should come as a pair - my last ones did.

I changed my name on marriage and got the new card without tags; you'd have thought they'd include tags in that because the old ones would genuinely be "out of date" with a name not matching my ticket but not so, I had to request them. It said "tag" and my heart sank assuming I'd have to request another, but it was a pair that came on one piece of card.