Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sitting in T5 wondering...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:37 am
Original Poster

LHR-GVA Sitting in T5 wondering...

if it’s too late to enquire about a paid upgrade to CE? If possible who to ask, where to go? Already checked in and passed security.

Any possibilities?

thanks

Last edited by Richardc77; Nov 8, 2017 at 3:44 am Reason: Update title
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Thai Gold, JetPriviledge
There is a BA ticket desk at the South end of the terminal near the lifts to B & C gates ( and probably at the North end too). You can ask there if an upgrade promotion is available and if you like the price pay for it
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Thanks Always, is £135 from LHR-GVA so will likely stick in 8C!

Originally Posted by Alwaysfly
There is a BA ticket desk at the South end of the terminal near the lifts to B & C gates ( and probably at the North end too). You can ask there if an upgrade promotion is available and if you like the price pay for it
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Silver
Although there are 2 sets of BA desks airside at T5 I think that the one nearest the south side is the only one that can deal with changes to tickets. In the past, when going to the desks at the North end, they have said they cannot deal with this and directed me to the desks close to the lifts for the B & C gates.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Unless you need the additional TPs don't both - especially on GVA flight
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Thanks Mike, agreed shan’t bother 👍

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Unless you need the additional TPs don't both - especially on GVA flight
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:06 am

Programs: BAEC
I heard that there is a trial for in-app upgrades once you’ve gone through to airside, different to POUGs.

Albeit I’m not clear what criteria is needed to get this feature enabled or if it’s still being trialed?!
Old Nov 8, 2017, 5:04 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
I heard that there is a trial for in-app upgrades once you’ve gone through to airside, different to POUGs.

Albeit I’m not clear what criteria is needed to get this feature enabled or if it’s still being trialed?!
It is enabled, and there is a thread in the Dashboard with feedback on the AppUp. I haven't heard anyone do this in a touchless way yet, it is (was?) necessary to ring up to complete the transaction.

[It's called AppUp, but actually it also would show up in the desktop version of BA.com]
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 5:20 am

Programs: BA Oneworld
....but would an upgrade to CE one hour before take off imply a lack of sufficient meals? There is a current thread discussing this problem.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 5:47 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BrianWBrazil
....but would an upgrade to CE one hour before take off imply a lack of sufficient meals? There is a current thread discussing this problem.
In theory if departing from LHR, LGW, LCY, any late requests can be handled, since the ground operations can / should swing into place for it. If you are sat in 1C or 1D you can sometime see that happening when DHL (at LHR) bring on a tray with just a couple of meals on it, or the TRM brings a tray on.

Outstations? Well that's a problem.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:05 am

And the recent Capital markets day presentation said in future last minute top up meals could be delivered by drone...
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:19 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
deleted

Last edited by ahmetdouas; Nov 10, 2017 at 6:36 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.