Search

Reward Flight 'Dynamic Pricing' Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2018, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by squawk
As I’ll trigger my first Amex 2-for-1 fairly soon, and am still a little short of what I’d need to have for the redemption I have in mind, I hope BA’s IT infrastructure (or the cogs of BA’s senior management devaluation squad) are still creaking very slowly...
My gut feeling is that we end up like this:

EARNING - based on ticket cost (although this requires carve outs for tickets which include multiple airlines and for partners - look how messy the Miles & More structure is now they have done this)

REDEEMING - Etihad-style, with 'standard' pricing and 'all points' pricing. The latter would actually be the same as the current 'part pay with Avios' with deal and would effectively take the current lowest cash fare multiplied by 0.55p per point. Partner airlines would remain with 'standard' pricing only.

Only a guess but there is nothing radical in the above. My gut feeling is that you can't copy the US airline models because they are more 'closed shops'. I would imagine that a higher % of BA flyers use other oneworld airlines compared to the % of American Airlines members who use other oneworld airlines, so AA hasn't had to focus as much on integrating with partners.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 9:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Raffles
.. My gut feeling is that you can't copy the US airline models because they are more 'closed shops'. I would imagine that a higher % of BA flyers use other oneworld airlines compared to the % of American Airlines members who use other oneworld airlines, so AA hasn't had to focus as much on integrating with partners.
LAX has OW flights on AA, BA, CX, IB, JAL, LATAM, QF, QR and partners AS and Fiji. I bet it’s a headache picking a frequent flyer program if you have a OW preference and live in LA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.