Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

MAN-LHR CE flight, future catering and Flyertalk

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2017, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold

Recently completed a MAN-LHR flight in CE. Great staff and journey.

During the journey, my companion complained to the CSM about the poor gluten free option. Our charming CSM said he knew the new guy brought in to run (or it might have been review) catering. He passed over his card and said he would pass on comments. We all speculated whether the new guy would make a difference or whether it all came down to cost. Draw your own conclusions....there still ‘work to be done’ outside the new J/CW offering.

Interestiingly we got talking about Flyertalk and he (you know who you are!) said he read comments on the ‘boards’ to understand what customers were looking for. I thought that reflected very well on a CSM who, despite not being that well paid, was really trying to engage with the job and his customers. BA should be proud of somebody who has taken their role seriously and going beyond the call of duty.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
It's nice to hear stories like this. I'm also impressed that the CSM found any time to talk during such a short sector!
Old Nov 1, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Sounds like a compliment via the saying thank you form on ba.com is in order for the CSM !
Old Nov 1, 2017, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Southlondonbonviveur
It's nice to hear stories like this. I'm also impressed that the CSM found any time to talk during such a short sector!
Yes indeed. Amazing compared to the LHR-MAN crew who almost threw the food and drinks at you and then messed about in the galley.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 1:00 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by pennineuk
Yes indeed. Amazing compared to the LHR-MAN crew who almost threw the food and drinks at you and then messed about in the galley.
I’m amazed they have time to mess about in the galley on those sectors. MAN is usually busy - even up front. But, as in all walks of life, you get the lazy ones who offer nothing more than perfunctory service.

Were you offered a choice of meal, or was there no choice at all (apart from take it or leave it)?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 2:14 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by pennineuk
The two MAN - LHR flights that I have done were both very full in CE and the crew worked like Trojans. I am not sure what "messing about" means to you, but frankly as the flight is in cruise for so little time, I am frankly amazed.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 2:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'd hate to be in a job where your work performance is constantly being guess assessed by the general public.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.