Seriously - Is this a premium offering?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
deleted

Last edited by ahmetdouas; Nov 10, 2017 at 6:52 am
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Glad you posted the photos binman - if only so that people who have not yet had the (ahem) pleasure of this facility will be left in no doubt as to just how very dreadful it is : the ultimate example of the need to manage expectations when travelling BA.

Last time I used this AMS lounge a few months back, it was late afternoon and I'm pretty sure the offering was actually worse even than shown here, with folk at the 'buffet'* wondering whether they had suddenly been transported to some parallel world of war-time rationing.

*@LTNPhobia - and IIRC, I do believe it included the cup-a-soup. Truly premium.
nancypants likes this.

Last edited by subject2load; Oct 30, 2017 at 9:01 am
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:01 am

Reading this thread while eating my breakfast at the new AA flagship lounge at ORD T3.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Can anyone take pics of the KLM lounge as a comparison?
I'm not sure it will serve as a benchmark given that the Crown Lounge is KLM's flagship at their own hub of Amsterdam. In any case: more choice but renownedly poor (and that's an understatement) quality. FYI - there's a dedicated thread with plenty of unbiased (and far from enthusiastic) reviews on the KLM forum.

G
NickB likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
I wonder what will happen if you complain about it to customer services, and what their explanation would be.
Originally Posted by mike&co
Now, that would be interesting
It probably wouldn't be interesting except to see how far removed from relevant to the complaint it would be!
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by subject2load
Glad you posted the photos binman - if only so that people who have not yet had the (ahem) pleasure of this facility will be left in no doubt as to just how very dreadful it is : the ultimate example of the need to manage expectations when travelling BA.

Last time I used this AMS lounge a few months back, it was late afternoon and I'm pretty sure the offering was actually worse even than shown here, with folk at the 'buffet'* wondering whether they had suddenly been transported to some parallel world of war-time rationing.

*@LTNPhobia - and IIRC, I do believe it included the cup-a-soup. Truly premium.
What exactly is dreadful about the lounge?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Skyrocker
Reading this thread while eating my breakfast at the new AA flagship lounge at ORD T3.
Unfair
T8191 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Last time I looked you could get a AMS-LHR-EZE CW return fare for only a few hundred pounds more than the cost of a WT EZE fare from LHR.
I'm sure the ex EU'ers would rather have cheap premium fares than pay an extra £XXXX for a complimentary fry-up in an ex EU lounge.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:46 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Can anyone take pics of the KLM lounge as a comparison?
The KLM lounge isn't great to be honest. When the Aspire lounge was being redeveloped last year, I was delighted to be given a pass to the KLM lounge as an alternative. It was nothing like as good as the LHR BA lounges, with very little in the way of food.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
The lounge itself isn't dreadful. Nice views.

The food offering - which was the subject raised by the OP - really is very, very poor indeed.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by Skyrocker
Proof indeed that AA mean business. This place shocked me when I visited last month. Not really a fair comparison with a BA outstation waiting room, but, CCR aside, it kicks BA's proverbial all around the park.
Skyrocker likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by icegirl
You seemed surprised with the offering given the amount of threads and posts on forum in relation to BA cost cutting and them verses the competition.

What made you choose flying BA over KLM?
Simply that I needed 2 sectors to gain gold. I have 1500 points with almost none of it on BA as I try to avoid BA wherever possible but I cant avoid the BA metal/codeshare rule.

I was in the AMS lounge back in May but don't recall it being so sparse.

The Aspire lounge next door was really superb when I flew QR ex AMS and that's where I would go in future.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by T8191
You don't get a lot more at JER at 07:30 ... although there is a pot of porridge.

And the porridge was quite delicious yesterday !

3 jugs of different juice, fully stocked bar with self pour prosecco and also 2 sorts of muffins/cake

That was yesterday mornings offering.

The JER lounge is a gem compared to others

cs
T8191 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
Noting the bowl of red apples I wonder if BA have an excess cargo of these they are trying to dump, the Club kitchen on my flight yesterday had no food whatsoever halfway through the flight except for a huge bowl of red apples.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by binman

I was in the AMS lounge back in May but don't recall it being so sparse.

The Aspire lounge next door was really superb when I flew QR ex AMS and that's where I would go in future.
Spare a thought for a first-time user of the BA lounge at AMS, having booked CE for a day trip, LHR-AMS (whether leisure or business) and expecting a decent range of (premium) food options at the lounge, in return for their expensive (premium) fare *

* random example : first flight out, last flight back, Mon 06 Nov : £396 return

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.