Seriously - Is this a premium offering?

Old Oct 30, 2017, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Seriously - Is this a premium offering?

I was in the lounge at Amsterdam and as an image says a thousand words here is what was on offer for breakfast. In its entirety.

I don't expect LHR standards of catering at an outstation but when I raised it with the staff I was told it was a short flight!!!

I had the weekend in AMS and I have to say that I just encountered really down beat staff, on the ground, in the lounges, at the gates and in the air.

Everyone simply seemed weary, not rude or belligerent simply weary that they have to deal with customers and deliver the crap product that is now the hallmark of BA. I felt sorry for them as many clearly had many years of service and they have had their professionalism and pride knocked out of them.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 5:53 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Especially since as in Amsterdam you're more than usually likely to have the munchies...
Old Oct 30, 2017, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
You don't get a lot more at JER at 07:30 ... although there is a pot of porridge.
Attached Images   
Old Oct 30, 2017, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
You don't get a lot more at JER at 07:30 ... although there is a pot of porridge.
4 choices of cereal and 3 choices of pastry.......you Jersey boys don't know your born!!
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:02 am

It looks like your experience in the AMS lounge was bettered catered than my visit only a few weeks ago. You got lucky.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:28 am

The F&B offering in Amsterdam has always been shocking, pre-and post the new lounge. They need to address it. Even then, it's not a great lounge by any means.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:32 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
deleted

Last edited by ahmetdouas; Nov 10, 2017 at 6:52 am
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
I wonder what will happen if you complain about it to customer services, and what their explanation would be.
Now, that would be interesting
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Nutella and no marmite.

What have we become?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
Originally Posted by binman

I don't expect LHR standards of catering at an outstation but when I raised it with the staff I was told it was a short flight!!!
Put your Alex Cruz Halloween mask on, look in the mirror, and I guarantee these words will utter from your lips:

“The human freight won’t spend money on Buy-on-Board if we feed them before they get on.”
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I suppose it depends on what you usually eat for breakfast.

We have a mixture of cereal/yoghurt/fruit/pastries/toast/honey/jam coffee/yerba mate. The yerba seems to be missing although I might have expected to see some cheese and cold meat in AMS.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by binman
I was in the lounge at Amsterdam and as an image says a thousand words here is what was on offer for breakfast. In its entirety.

I had the weekend in AMS and I have to say that I just encountered really down beat staff, on the ground, in the lounges, at the gates and in the air.

Everyone simply seemed weary, not rude or belligerent simply weary that they have to deal with customers and deliver the crap product that is now the hallmark of BA. I felt sorry for them as many clearly had many years of service and they have had their professionalism and pride knocked out of them.
You seemed surprised with the offering given the amount of threads and posts on forum in relation to BA cost cutting and them verses the competition.

What made you choose flying BA over KLM?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: TK *G, BA Gold
this is from an "outstation" .. breakfast at T3 CX lounge. It was totally delicious. Certainly better than what would be on offer downstairs in BA galleries first at T3.
Attached Images   
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:21 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
The amount/range of food in the photo of the AMS lounge is more than I have ever seen there. I'd have been rather pleased to see that much foodstuff there. More used to seeing slices of cucumber, and that's on a good day.

Anyone remember the Cup-a-soup there?
redpalmetto and rossmacd like this.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Oct 30, 2017 at 8:31 am
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by rossmacd
It looks like your experience in the AMS lounge was bettered catered than my visit only a few weeks ago. You got lucky.
+1, and let's not expect any choice on board either while we are at it.
rossmacd likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.