Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mouse in GC North tonight

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:59 am

Cats could be released at night to perform their duties and then collected again in the morning when the passengers arrive. It would not be a big job; my cat reports every morning for breakfast. BA could appoint special cat herders to undertake these duties.
Smid likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:13 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Greenpen
Cats could be released at night to perform their duties and then collected again in the morning when the passengers arrive. It would not be a big job; my cat reports every morning for breakfast. BA could appoint special cat herders to undertake these duties.
Herding cats !
Geordie405 likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:27 am

Programs: BA Oneworld
I can see two problems with cats. Those PAX with allergies will complain if exposed to the hairs left from their random wanderings around the furniture, and the smell of cat pee everywhere. Leave the mice, they are everywhere in the world and impossible to eradicate completely.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:50 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by missdimeaner
Herding cats !
The BA gate agents used on A380 flights from T5c would doubtless find cat herding a piece of cake (cheese?). Otherwise our gorgeous Mods could be deployed given their experience.
Stez likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:52 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Lounge trained cats? Trained to chase the table clearers around for champagne. Claw the loud skype callers?

Being a heathrow cat herder does sound like a job I'd like...
ahmetdouas likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 3:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
In case you were wondering, this question was raised in the House of Lords some years ago - with discussion of hypoallergenic cats, among other things.

Transcript available at: https://publications.parliament.uk/p...00303-0001.htm
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Spoof video here on Youtube:

Nimrod1965 likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:05 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Some background music to play in the lounge at these times:

Lord Rockingham's X1 - Hoots Mon - Stereo remix - YouTube

If you don't like cats about the airport, what about ferrets?

Originally Posted by Smid
Being a heathrow cat herder does sound like a job I'd like...
You'll be needing to apply for a job here: https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/serv...s/default.aspx
Although I am led to understand that vacancies come up rarely, and are usually filled by those who have already worked there on an intern or temporary basis and retain contact with the staff.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:07 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
deleted

Last edited by ahmetdouas; Nov 10, 2017 at 7:28 am
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Cat pee won't be an issue as cats are actually very clean animals (unlike dogs) and will only use their kitty litter which I am sure will be hidden out of sight!
Tell that to all the local ones that enjoy doing their ablutions all over my garden and kindly scent marking everything in sight!

I can imagine some two year wandering up to his/her parents after finding the kitty litter tray and making sandcastles in it

Cats would possibly work well as soothing aids.
Isn't it Japan or somewhere where they encourage you to pet them in various places.
There's some US dog or dogs they're doing that with as well.

Not sure if a businessman at 7am would be happy to stroke Tiddles (well, depending on how dirty your mind is).
Might work better in the US as they do love their emotional support animals on planes.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:50 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
I expect that if there were Terminal Cats to keep the mice at bay they would mostly operate when the airport is not full of people and the mice are more likely to come out to play.

Cats aren't usually that fond of large crowds, so I am imagining a corner of the terminal with a cat-sized (and not toddler-sized) entry holes for the cats to disappear into, where they can hang out until it's quiet and their free-range snacks are out and about.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by xenole
Tell that to all the local ones that enjoy doing their ablutions all over my garden and kindly scent marking everything in sight!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ablution ... "The act of washing oneself. I assume you meant "cr@p"

Originally Posted by xenole
I can imagine some two year wandering up to his/her parents after finding the kitty litter tray and making sandcastles in it
Covered litter trays, like a small plastic shed, are widely available for feline use in all good pet shops, garden centres, and on-line .
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
lol in turkey and Greece i hardly see any mice/rats as there are cats all over the place roaming around!

Cat pee won't be an issue as cats are actually very clean animals (unlike dogs) and will only use their kitty litter which I am sure will be hidden out of sight!
I was in Greece recently and as I was sitting having my dinner outside a restaurant a rat came along and just sat there. The stray cats weren't interested as they were busy begging for food.

I don't know why people think cats are clean. It's somehow related to the fact that they sit around licking their groin all day. Cats are filthy animals. They pee everywhere and it stinks. Why people would want them in their kitchen is beyond me but then again I don't know why some people wear their shoes in their house.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Cats are over-rated as rodent controllers. A few good terriers let loose at night would keep themselves busy
Old Oct 20, 2017, 5:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I wish people would be a bit more selective as to who they guest into the lounges and not just leave them to run around the place.
Did someone have M-I-C-K-E-Y as their guest? If so, I hope they really know him and it's not just a FT hookup.

BTW, how do we know that there's only one mouse? Has anyone checked that the multiple sightings are of the same individual animal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.