Wiki Posts
Search

Mouse in GC North tonight

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue, Radisson, Accor
Mouse in GC North tonight

Apparently there is a mouse loose on the terraces section tonight. Jerry better watch out for Tom tonight as attempts are to be made after everyone has gone.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver
They mostly are eaten between the breakfast bap and lunch offering in any case.
VFRonTop likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
To be honest, there are more mice than Prems at T5 on any given day...
ahmetdouas likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Shocking!!! I hope he was at least silver or travelling in CE!
DELLAS, Gshumway and VFRonTop like this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
4 posts and no mention of compensation yet!
'andad and MichaelBaku like this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
But perhaps not too surprising.

MICE* do in fact generate a lot of valuable business travel revenue for BA.

* Meetings, Incentives, Conferences & Exhibitions.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
This is a clear opportunity for teaming across functional units to improve service quality using existing resources: put in a call to the Animal Reception Center and ask them to send some of their more mobile carnivores over to get themselves a snack.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:17 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I wish people would be a bit more selective as to who they guest into the lounges and not just leave them to run around the place.
vbnet and Smid like this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:37 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
now I know what the BA burger is made from...
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:21 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Absolutely definitely the case.

For many airports, LHR included, rodents are a significant issue. Once they get onboard aircraft, with their miles of wiring, that significance goes to an even higher level. And since rats and mice are fully commensal, you can't easily keep humans and rodents apart. There are about 10 million rats in the UK and a higher number of mice, so while the phrase "you're never more than 6 feet from a rat" is probably an urban myth, still there will be thousands of mice inside the LHR perimeter. Moving from science to opinion, until HAL introduce cats to the terminal buildings, logically all you can do is partly control them: cats and mice move a habit from commensalism to amensalism, humans do the opposite.

In the meantime, adding the blighters to the spicy "chicken" stew in GC seems to me to be a win-win situation, though perhaps not for the mice.
crazyarmadillo and ahmetdouas like this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:57 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
its those pesky babies throwing their food all over the floor on the plane I blame.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:51 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, LTG & CCR; IC RA; Hilton D (free from BA)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

.....There are about 10 million rats .....
Is that all, does that include all politicians?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:00 pm

Has BaxterStorey's contract being renewed? If not maybe its time to change
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

For many airports, LHR included, rodents are a significant issue. Once they get onboard aircraft, with their miles of wiring, that significance goes to an even higher level. And since rats and mice are fully commensal, you can't easily keep humans and rodents apart. There are about 10 million rats in the UK and a higher number of mice, so while the phrase "you're never more than 6 feet from a rat" is probably an urban myth, still there will be thousands of mice inside the LHR perimeter. Moving from science to opinion, until HAL introduce cats to the terminal buildings, logically all you can do is partly control them: cats and mice move a habit from commensalism to amensalism, humans do the opposite.

In the meantime, adding the blighters to the spicy "chicken" stew in GC seems to me to be a win-win situation, though perhaps not for the mice.
The problem with large public buildings like T5 is that the building managers do not like control points in public areas and as mice like to feed from many different food sources each day it is essential to have rodenticide spread around the building. Although there is a massive 'off public access' side to T5 I am sure there is not a effective (obviously) pest management structure in place. Also bait points need to be effectively fixed to prevent public access to poison.

I am sure that the catering facilities have plenty of control measures, but this is not enough. I am sure cost rears its ugly head again on this one and competitive tendering is sure to be to blame.

Cats in the terminal, that would be fun. Can you imagine the chaos that would follow with people putting them in hand luggage, taking them on planes, allergies from pet hair & then cat fleas everywhere.

As you said it is common to have mice in public buildings and we will just have to accept it as part of life and just hope those responsible do what they can and show 'due diligence'
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:43 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Och aye the noo! A moose loose aboot that hoose. Burns said it best:

But, Mousie, thou art no thy-lane,
In proving foresight may be vain;
The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley,
An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
For promis'd joy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.