Should I be concerned

Old Oct 18, 17, 6:56 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 92
Should I be concerned

I have booked a BA holiday for my family and the first part of the trip is a flight on the

20th Oct 16:35 BA 1313 ABZ - LHR
21st Oct 09:50 BA 0283 LHR - LAX

Now all was looking good until I got an email and text saying I was now on the BA 1315 leaving ABZ at 18:20 due to a cancelled flight (no problem I can handle that) followed by an email and text 2 minutes later saying I am now on my original flight BA1313 as BA1315 is cancelled. (Again any of the flights is fine for me as not going to LAX until next day.

I then go on my app as I am a nosey bugger and see I have 2 x BA1313 & 1 x BA1315 which is still showing this morning.

I go online and put in my booking number and surname and I see I have 1 x BA1313 & 1 x BA1315.

Is it BA just playing about and all will be fine when I get to the airport on Friday or should I call BA holidays ??
SheepyAFC is offline  
Old Oct 18, 17, 7:00 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Posts: 1,351
Do you hve any EC status?

If so, maybe worth a quick call to them to enquire. Just a thought.


FWIW I took a quick look on EF and both flights show up for your dates, with the usual mix of available / unavailable seats. Nothing looked out of the ordinary.

Maybe an aircraft change triggered it? Not sure.
Pascoe is offline  
Old Oct 18, 17, 7:02 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 92
Originally Posted by Pascoe View Post
Do you hve any EC status?

If so, maybe worth a quick call to them to enquire. Just a thought.


FWIW I took a quick look on EF and both flights show up for your dates, with the usual mix of available / unavailable seats. Nothing looked out of the ordinary.

Maybe an aircraft change triggered it? Not sure.
I just have the entry level Blue now after being Silver for a few years but job change meant less flying.

I have kept all the emails and texts as a back up incase anything goes wrong.
SheepyAFC is offline  
Old Oct 18, 17, 7:04 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: München, Germany
Programs: BA GGL (no longer CCR), Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 5,744
Check in online early - just showing up early at the airport might leave them with too many people to accommodate.
Cymro is offline  
Old Oct 18, 17, 7:06 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 92
Originally Posted by Cymro View Post
Check in online early - just showing up early at the airport might leave them with too many people to accommodate.
I plan on checking in T-24 as usual and see what happens.
SheepyAFC is offline  
Old Oct 18, 17, 7:20 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Posts: 1,351
You may also find, after the next refresh cycle, that it all settles back to normal on your account...
Pascoe is offline  
Old Oct 18, 17, 10:04 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: JAX
Programs: Former BA/AA/CP/LY employee, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Platinum, Samsung Platinum
Posts: 2,923
It might sort itself out but personally I would call to have the itinerary cleaned up and to ensure OCLI doesn't get stuck.

If the earlier BA1315 is still somehow confirmed and you nosho for it, that could mess up the whole itin. I'd rather call Holidays or the Blue line now and make sure it's cleaned up.

It could all be okay, but if something is wrong it'll be easier to sort before it happens then after…
Tobias-UK, Roger and ahmetdouas like this.
JAXBA is offline  
Old Oct 18, 17, 12:00 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: LHR/ATH
Programs: Amex Platinum, LH FTL (Silver), BA Blue
Posts: 2,815
deleted

Last edited by ahmetdouas; Nov 10, 17 at 7:32 am
ahmetdouas is offline  
Old Oct 18, 17, 12:47 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Glossop
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 321
If you have a phone that does free UK numbers dial the 0191 number preceded by 141 then its seen as a call within the allowance.
FlyerGill is offline  
Old Oct 18, 17, 1:12 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Programs: BA Gold, AF Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Posts: 2,948
Originally Posted by SheepyAFC View Post
I have booked a BA holiday for my family and the first part of the trip is a flight on the

20th Oct 16:35 BA 1313 ABZ - LHR
21st Oct 09:50 BA 0283 LHR - LAX

Now all was looking good until I got an email and text saying I was now on the BA 1315 leaving ABZ at 18:20 due to a cancelled flight (no problem I can handle that) followed by an email and text 2 minutes later saying I am now on my original flight BA1313 as BA1315 is cancelled. (Again any of the flights is fine for me as not going to LAX until next day.

I then go on my app as I am a nosey bugger and see I have 2 x BA1313 & 1 x BA1315 which is still showing this morning.

I go online and put in my booking number and surname and I see I have 1 x BA1313 & 1 x BA1315.

Is it BA just playing about and all will be fine when I get to the airport on Friday or should I call BA holidays ??
Very strange. I'm on the same flight as you on the 20th - I didn't get any email and the flight is still showing as on time in my BA app.....! Fingers crossed!
stu1985 is offline  
Old Oct 18, 17, 6:39 pm
  #11  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK/Las Vegas
Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Posts: 12,868
Originally Posted by FlyerGill View Post
If you have a phone that does free UK numbers dial the 0191 number preceded by 141 then its seen as a call within the allowance.
Or call the main number 0344-493-0787 - standard call rates just like the 0191 number.
Tobias-UK is offline  
Old Oct 18, 17, 8:09 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: LAX
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but Plat for a year (yippie)
Posts: 4,293
Originally Posted by SheepyAFC View Post
21st Oct 09:50 BA 0283 LHR - LAX
I live in Los Angeles County. Be aware that it is now unusually warm for this time of year. We ran our home a/c today.

Bring some clothes that will be comfortable in warm weather. It cools down at night, though.

FYI.
QueenOfCoach is offline  
Old Oct 19, 17, 2:45 am
  #13  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 92
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach View Post
I live in Los Angeles County. Be aware that it is now unusually warm for this time of year. We ran our home a/c today.

Bring some clothes that will be comfortable in warm weather. It cools down at night, though.

FYI.
Thanks Queen my wife has been watching the weather and thinks warm weather is great. Warmer the better for her.
SheepyAFC is offline  
Old Oct 19, 17, 2:51 am
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 92
I may have got to the bottom of this as my wife used to work for BA & Servisair for well over 10 years at Aberdeen airport and has friends who still work there and she has got them to reserve our seats ahead of the T-24 time that I can usually check in from on both the outward flights.

Now seemingly they show up on the system 3 days prior for them to allocate my seats and this was done then which is about the timing I recieved the emails and texts.

She has confirmed with the manager who deals with the BA flights who she is friends with that all is above board and there is only 1 flight on the system for me from Aberdeen.

Interestingly though my initial post still stands true with what the app and ba.com still say for my bookings.

Stu may see you in the new lounge as I have got a nice free pass in there due to friends of my wife. I will be with my wife and 14 year old daughter if you want to say hello.
SheepyAFC is offline  
Old Oct 23, 17, 9:00 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: LAX
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but Plat for a year (yippie)
Posts: 4,293
Originally Posted by SheepyAFC View Post
Thanks Queen my wife has been watching the weather and thinks warm weather is great. Warmer the better for her.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...023-story.html

Record setting heat wave here in Southern California this weekend. I've been running the a/c. We have friends coming from Sweden in a few days, and they agree with your wife. The warmer the better.

Your lady should be really enjoying herself!
QueenOfCoach is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: