FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Should I be concerned (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1872653-should-i-concerned.html)

SheepyAFC Oct 18, 2017 6:56 am

Should I be concerned

I have booked a BA holiday for my family and the first part of the trip is a flight on the

20th Oct 16:35 BA 1313 ABZ - LHR
21st Oct 09:50 BA 0283 LHR - LAX

Now all was looking good until I got an email and text saying I was now on the BA 1315 leaving ABZ at 18:20 due to a cancelled flight (no problem I can handle that) followed by an email and text 2 minutes later saying I am now on my original flight BA1313 as BA1315 is cancelled. (Again any of the flights is fine for me as not going to LAX until next day.

I then go on my app as I am a nosey bugger and see I have 2 x BA1313 & 1 x BA1315 which is still showing this morning.

I go online and put in my booking number and surname and I see I have 1 x BA1313 & 1 x BA1315.

Is it BA just playing about and all will be fine when I get to the airport on Friday or should I call BA holidays ??

Pascoe Oct 18, 2017 7:00 am

Do you hve any EC status?

If so, maybe worth a quick call to them to enquire. Just a thought.

FWIW I took a quick look on EF and both flights show up for your dates, with the usual mix of available / unavailable seats. Nothing looked out of the ordinary.

Maybe an aircraft change triggered it? Not sure.

SheepyAFC Oct 18, 2017 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Pascoe (Post 28946645)
Do you hve any EC status?

If so, maybe worth a quick call to them to enquire. Just a thought.

FWIW I took a quick look on EF and both flights show up for your dates, with the usual mix of available / unavailable seats. Nothing looked out of the ordinary.

Maybe an aircraft change triggered it? Not sure.

I just have the entry level Blue now after being Silver for a few years but job change meant less flying.

I have kept all the emails and texts as a back up incase anything goes wrong.

Cymro Oct 18, 2017 7:04 am

Check in online early - just showing up early at the airport might leave them with too many people to accommodate.

SheepyAFC Oct 18, 2017 7:06 am

Originally Posted by Cymro (Post 28946660)
Check in online early - just showing up early at the airport might leave them with too many people to accommodate.

I plan on checking in T-24 as usual and see what happens.

Pascoe Oct 18, 2017 7:20 am

You may also find, after the next refresh cycle, that it all settles back to normal on your account...

JAXBA Oct 18, 2017 10:04 am

It might sort itself out but personally I would call to have the itinerary cleaned up and to ensure OCLI doesn't get stuck.

If the earlier BA1315 is still somehow confirmed and you nosho for it, that could mess up the whole itin. I'd rather call Holidays or the Blue line now and make sure it's cleaned up.

It could all be okay, but if something is wrong it'll be easier to sort before it happens then after…

ahmetdouas Oct 18, 2017 12:00 pm

deleted

FlyerGill Oct 18, 2017 12:47 pm

If you have a phone that does free UK numbers dial the 0191 number preceded by 141 then its seen as a call within the allowance.

stu1985 Oct 18, 2017 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by SheepyAFC (Post 28946634)
I have booked a BA holiday for my family and the first part of the trip is a flight on the

20th Oct 16:35 BA 1313 ABZ - LHR

Now all was looking good until I got an email and text saying I was now on the BA 1315 leaving ABZ at 18:20 due to a cancelled flight (no problem I can handle that) followed by an email and text 2 minutes later saying I am now on my original flight BA1313 as BA1315 is cancelled. (Again any of the flights is fine for me as not going to LAX until next day.

I then go on my app as I am a nosey bugger and see I have 2 x BA1313 & 1 x BA1315 which is still showing this morning.

I go online and put in my booking number and surname and I see I have 1 x BA1313 & 1 x BA1315.

Is it BA just playing about and all will be fine when I get to the airport on Friday or should I call BA holidays ??

Very strange. I'm on the same flight as you on the 20th - I didn't get any email and the flight is still showing as on time in my BA app.....! Fingers crossed!

Tobias-UK Oct 18, 2017 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerGill (Post 28948241)
If you have a phone that does free UK numbers dial the 0191 number preceded by 141 then its seen as a call within the allowance.

Or call the main number 0344-493-0787 - standard call rates just like the 0191 number.

QueenOfCoach Oct 18, 2017 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by SheepyAFC (Post 28946634)

I live in Los Angeles County. Be aware that it is now unusually warm for this time of year. We ran our home a/c today.

Bring some clothes that will be comfortable in warm weather. It cools down at night, though.

FYI.

SheepyAFC Oct 19, 2017 2:45 am

Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach (Post 28949672)
I live in Los Angeles County. Be aware that it is now unusually warm for this time of year. We ran our home a/c today.

Bring some clothes that will be comfortable in warm weather. It cools down at night, though.

FYI.

Thanks Queen my wife has been watching the weather and thinks warm weather is great. Warmer the better for her.

SheepyAFC Oct 19, 2017 2:51 am

I may have got to the bottom of this as my wife used to work for BA & Servisair for well over 10 years at Aberdeen airport and has friends who still work there and she has got them to reserve our seats ahead of the T-24 time that I can usually check in from on both the outward flights.

Now seemingly they show up on the system 3 days prior for them to allocate my seats and this was done then which is about the timing I recieved the emails and texts.

She has confirmed with the manager who deals with the BA flights who she is friends with that all is above board and there is only 1 flight on the system for me from Aberdeen.

Interestingly though my initial post still stands true with what the app and ba.com still say for my bookings.

Stu may see you in the new lounge as I have got a nice free pass in there due to friends of my wife. I will be with my wife and 14 year old daughter if you want to say hello.

QueenOfCoach Oct 23, 2017 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by SheepyAFC (Post 28950572)
Thanks Queen my wife has been watching the weather and thinks warm weather is great. Warmer the better for her.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...023-story.html

Record setting heat wave here in Southern California this weekend. I've been running the a/c. We have friends coming from Sweden in a few days, and they agree with your wife. The warmer the better.

Your lady should be really enjoying herself!