Wiki Posts
Search

Dailymail- Bed bugs on BA Flight?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2017, 4:18 am

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
Originally Posted by scillyisles
Ah I see your angle - it is all the airport's fault - in these cases presumably YVR or SEA. The lengths to which some posters go to absolve BA of any responsibility is staggering.

For the record, bed bugs tend to be fairly immobile i.e they are unlikely to travel on you or your clothes, come out mostly during the dark to feed and like to inhabit soft furnishings with a plentiful food supply which remains stationary/undisturbed for long periods.
I wasn’t defending BA or blaming the airports merely pointing out that the bed bugs were actually brought onto the aircraft and that in these circumstances any airline is at risk of this occurring. The length at which some posters want to blame BA for everything is also staggering.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by PJSMITH0
... that in these circumstances any airline is at risk of this occurring.
Having said that, have there been any reports of QF aircraft getting bedbugs?

(For those who are mystified, it's to do with QF's approach to meeting Australian disinsection standards.)
Old Oct 22, 2017, 5:19 am

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Having said that, have there been any reports of QF aircraft getting bedbugs?

(For those who are mystified, it's to do with QF's approach to meeting Australian disinsection standards.)
Whilst not wanting to pick on Qatar (as I pointed out it can happen to any airline) it has on a flight from Greece to Qatar.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by PJSMITH0
Whilst not wanting to pick on Qatar (as I pointed out it can happen to any airline) it has on a flight from Greece to Qatar.
I was specifically interested in any reports about QF, if anyone knows of any.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.