Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 11, 2017, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EsherFlyer
Double Avios can be earned on up to eight sectors, on new flights only, booked after registration and flown before 31 December 2017. Double Avios will be awarded before any cabin or tier bonuses on all tickets except reward flights.

Airport Upgrade Promotion (AUP) sectors earn a bonus at the base level for the new cabin. For example, an original Euro Traveller fare that attracts 125 Avios will get 500 Avios as a bonus after AUP to Club Europe .
Print Wikipost

Double Avios Offer - Q4 2017

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2017, 3:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Our corporate TA doesn't always get my BAEC number into the booking. Based on prior similar offers, will that fall foul of the "3. Eligible Participants must quote their Executive Club membership number at the time of booking..." rule, or is it sufficient just to get it in before travel? And if that fails (some agents seem to have a way to put it on a BP but not the booking in time for auto-processing ) does retro claim get the bonus?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:07 am

Registered for the offer on 11 Oct.

Booked flights on 13 Oct.

Flew on 16 Oct.

Avios credited today, but standard points only, with no bonus.

Do they credit in one lump at the end of the period?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by ringingup
Same here.
same here on ipad
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
Bonus points were posting with some delay when the same promo ran earlier this year.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 6:53 am

I’m pleased to confirm that the bonus Avios posted today, so not too bad.
Flew 16/10, normal points on 18/10 and bonus points on 21/10.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Can I drag a discussion that was started in the premium fare deals forum over here where somebody might be better placed to chip in?

Namely, would a flight on BA metal (and possibly/possibly not with BA prefix) but on 075 ticket stock count?

Discussion details here: BA ams-lhr-mct-lhr PE £413
Old Oct 22, 2017, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I booked some tickets a few days ago from SJC - LHR in F, I have a US address on my BAEC profile and therefore unable to sign up for this offer.

Am I ok to switch my BAEC profile to my U.K. Address and still be eligible to receive the bonus miles even though this has already been ticketed ?
Old Oct 22, 2017, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by navatwal
I booked some tickets a few days ago from SJC - LHR in F, I have a US address on my BAEC profile and therefore unable to sign up for this offer.

Am I ok to switch my BAEC profile to my U.K. Address and still be eligible to receive the bonus miles even though this has already been ticketed ?
switching addresses can have other implications such as miles from a ‘foreign’ credit card not posting until the address reverts back so be careful.

Plus as stated at the very top of the thread it is for new bookings only made after registering for the offer
Old Oct 23, 2017, 2:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, IHG Royal Ambassador
I flew LCY/FRA in CE on Thursday, 2,500 Avios, 1000 out and 1500 return.

Received two "special promotion" avios credits of 500 each so 1000 total.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:34 am

I flew BLQ in CE yesterday — booked in ET before the promo, but POUGed to CE after signing up for the promo. The POUG resulted in a re-ticketing. Will be interesting to see whether I get double points or not...
ringingup likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 5:36 am

I AUPed a couple of segments last week. Probably not surprisingly they have picked upthe CE base points for the bonus, rather than the original ET cabin level . Thought I'd pass it on as I was wondering myself .

Added that to the Wiki.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
Our corporate TA doesn't always get my BAEC number into the booking. Based on prior similar offers, will that fall foul of the "3. Eligible Participants must quote their Executive Club membership number at the time of booking..." rule, or is it sufficient just to get it in before travel?
Apparently it doesn't . I didn't add the BAEC number until around OLCI time, but it has credited OK.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Does that mean we can register post booking and still get the double Avios?

Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
Apparently it doesn't . I didn't add the BAEC number until around OLCI time, but it has credited OK.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:02 am

It might still check your registration date against booking date. I booked after registering, so my experience doesn't help you really.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
No.

The T&C say that the Exec Club number should be added when booking. What @EsherFlyer is saying is that he/she booked within the promotional period and after registering, but added the Exec Club number after booking, and the points still posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.