Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold !!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Congratulations and welcome to the Club. I got Gold in September. It wasn’t really a TP run I just moved my regular travel plans a few weeks to be inside my membership year.

I used mine for the first day the other week to fly LHR-MAN-LCY the other week and was very impressed by the First Wing and Flounge....

Just a though with a new heir arriving can you take advantage of freezing your status for a year and getting 2 years Gold for the price of one.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 2:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by T8191
IIRC, it originated with P&O (Peninsular and Orient) ships to India and the Far East ... an East/West route, of course. I see what you're thinking regarding morning and afternoon sun, though, on a North/South voyage.
Yes it's from the days of the Ocean liners. Relevant only for the toffs as the steerage passengers were kept below decks so didn't have a porthole.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; BA Gold
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn

Just a though with a new heir arriving can you take advantage of freezing your status for a year and getting 2 years Gold for the price of one.
You know - I wondered about this but then I looked at the expiry date of my new status. It appears to be longer than normal (is the rule one full year after the earnings year in which you qualify?). If so, the only reason I can think is due to the BA outage fiasco which I was heavily caught up in, and my silver expiry had already been extended.

If so, that's a hell of a bonus for me though!
Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by ReynoldsNumber
Today I woke up to see my account had turned into a lovely new colour .... I am one happy bunny. I would never have gone for it without all the great and informative information and assistance from the best BA forum on the planet - thanks to everyone!

Since I make the BRU <> LHR trip all the time, I decided to just increase the rate to achieve the 19 flights required for the status. Last January I booked almost all of them in one shot, since the prices were incredibly cheap. So it worked out that I paid £208.03 for each flight making the total cost to achieve gold to be £3952.57. To me that sounds like good value for money, especially with no tier point runs involved. Is that a fair assumption to make?

Now ... time to change the rest of my flights from 2F to 1F (dont know why I prefer the right side of the cabin ....).

Thanks again !
Congrats, great work ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.