FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Gold !!!! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1871444-gold.html)

ReynoldsNumber Oct 11, 2017 2:08 am

Gold !!!!

Today I woke up to see my account had turned into a lovely new colour .... I am one happy bunny. I would never have gone for it without all the great and informative information and assistance from the best BA forum on the planet - thanks to everyone! :) :) :)

Since I make the BRU <> LHR trip all the time, I decided to just increase the rate to achieve the 19 flights required for the status. Last January I booked almost all of them in one shot, since the prices were incredibly cheap. So it worked out that I paid £208.03 for each flight making the total cost to achieve gold to be £3952.57. To me that sounds like good value for money, especially with no tier point runs involved. Is that a fair assumption to make?

Now ... time to change the rest of my flights from 2F to 1F (dont know why I prefer the right side of the cabin ....).

Thanks again ! :)

umbyboy Oct 11, 2017 2:13 am

Originally Posted by ReynoldsNumber (Post 28918836)
Today I woke up to see my account had turned into a lovely new colour .... I am one happy bunny. I would never have gone for it without all the great and informative information and assistance from the best BA forum on the planet - thanks to everyone! :) :) :)

Since I make the BRU <> LHR trip all the time, I decided to just increase the rate to achieve the 19 flights required for the status. Last January I booked almost all of them in one shot, since the prices were incredibly cheap. So it worked out that I paid £208.03 for each flight making the total cost to achieve gold to be £3952.57. To me that sounds like good value for money, especially with no tier point runs involved. Is that a fair assumption to make?

Now ... time to change the rest of my flights from 2F to 1F (dont know why I prefer the right side of the cabin ....).

Great value for regular commute! Enjoy Gold!

johnaalex Oct 11, 2017 2:16 am

Congrats and don't forget to update your "About Me" details. ;)

aceman Oct 11, 2017 2:30 am

I better pile on here also, adding my congratulations and also my thanks to the regulars here. I'm flying in F lhr-las-lhr (for £2k!!) and the outbound gets me to gold for the first time. Best part is the inbound is 1 day after my tier point reset so I get off to a flying start on the requalification too

T8191 Oct 11, 2017 2:54 am

Welcome to GOLD, especially since you've done it the hard way :)

I fully agree with thanking the folks here. Without this amazing knowledge bank, we would never have been Gold either, or visited Hawaii ;)

T8191 ... recently renewed :D

ReynoldsNumber Oct 11, 2017 3:24 am

Originally Posted by johnaalex (Post 28918854)
Congrats and don't forget to update your "About Me" details. ;)

Thanks - updated! :)

ReynoldsNumber Oct 11, 2017 3:25 am

Thank you all !

florens Oct 11, 2017 6:07 am

Welcome to the club!

ConsultanSea Oct 11, 2017 6:16 am

They say good things happen in threes...

Woke up to my app informing me that I'd reached gold threshold after many years of languishing at silver. Very happy although a few days ago would have been better as I fly home tonight from Manila via Doha so still show as silver. Damn Qatar's weekly posting!

It'll be a few months until I get to use my new status as I am now grounded by my regulator since she's due to provide me with another heir next month.

Cheers all!

ESFLYER95 Oct 11, 2017 6:22 am

Originally Posted by gcampbell (Post 28919284)

It'll be a few months until I get to use my new status as I am now grounded by my regulator since she's due to provide me with another heir next month.

Congrats on both accounts then!!

corporate-wage-slave Oct 11, 2017 6:31 am

My congratulations to ReynoldsNumber, aceman and gcampbell for their shiny new status cards. I hope this will make your future travels more interesting.

tedcruz Oct 11, 2017 6:40 am

The family just keeps growing....

UKtravelbear Oct 11, 2017 6:42 am

I got Gold last week as well.

Already got my 'Hillergram' as well !

Sam Bee Oct 11, 2017 6:43 am

Originally Posted by tedcruz (Post 28919346)
The family just keeps growing....

That's an interesting question. Is there any historical data on the number of golds? Is the number rising due to cheap TP fares, or falling due to perceived falling standards?

Not a loaded question, just wondering?

Pascoe Oct 11, 2017 6:57 am

Today I woke up to see my account had turned into a lovely new colour ....

Always believe in your soul.....you've got the power to know.....