Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Rejected Avios claim for AA-marketed, BA-operated flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2017, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Marriott Platinum

Hello! Flew JFK-LHR-BAH last week. JFK-LHR was AA marketed and operated, LHR-BAH was AA marketed and BA operated. The JFK-LHR segment posted quickly within 2 days of travel, but the LHR-BAH segment didn't and so I waited for the 7 day mark to submit a partner claim. I got an email today saying that the flight was not eligible for Avios/Tier Points (even though I'm fairly certain that it is?), so does anyone have suggestions on how to appeal to BAEC regarding this flight? Thank you!
Old Oct 7, 2017, 2:00 pm

Can't see any reason why they would reject it. They have to provide a reason.
If it's operated and marketed by oneworld then it should credit to BAEC.
The only reason the tier points might not credit is if the two of the segments have the same flight number. Then these flights could be treated as one for tier point collecting purposes.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 2:28 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Can you find out the selling class involved? If it wasn't too far back, you may find the information here, using the BA PNR:

https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plne...&SITE=XCMTXXNS
SvenAge likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 1:31 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by baflyer2
...so does anyone have suggestions on how to appeal to BAEC regarding this flight? Thank you!
Call them? I know it's old fashioned but it usually works for me
There was a spate of these pre and post US-AA merger where avios and TP didn't credit. When re-submitting you'd get the message 'these flights have already been credited' but calling solved it 100% of the time.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 4:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Skymiles Plat
I had exactly the same message from a recent claim for a LHR-PHL flight, with an AA flight number but on BA metal.

A call to GC line fixed it in 30 seconds.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 5:00 am

Every time I have submitted a claim via the webform it has been rejected. A quick PM to BAMissingAvios on here sorts it out relatively quickly.

Why does the webform route never work?
Old Oct 8, 2017, 5:34 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
The webform works only for the most straightforward cases: BA marketed BA operated on a simple itinerary. This was intended to be used for people to retrocredit when they forgot to put their BAEC number on a booking.
Every other cases does not work and will trigger a Flight not eligible/Flight already credited message.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge
The webform works only for the most straightforward cases: BA marketed BA operated on a simple itinerary. This was intended to be used for people to retrocredit when they forgot to put their BAEC number on a booking.
Every other cases does not work and will trigger a Flight not eligible/Flight already credited message.
Thanks for that - I did not know that. I'm now wondering what the point of the partner flights claim webform actually is.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 5:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Thanks for that - I did not know that. I'm now wondering what the point of the partner flights claim webform actually is.
Overwhelmingly (though perhaps not for FT members) the main reason for flights not crediting is people not putting their membership number on their flights (e.g. joining up after flying, or forgetting that AA is oneworld), or it not sticking on the booking for one reason or another (e.g. online travel agents). So the point of the webform is to provide a semi-automated way of allocating the points correctly, which works for most claimants. But as fransknorge rightly indicates, it doesn't take much complexity for the automation bit to fall over and a phone call or non specific webform is required at that point. It generally helps if you know, before asking, what the outcome should be, just in case someone is asking for credit for a non BA upgrade or a redemption booking.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 5:59 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Why does the webform route never work?
Originally Posted by fransknorge
I used the webform last week for an Iberia marketed and operated flight that hadn't posted. It worked just fine. Within 2 days I had a message confirming my claim was successful and the points had indeed been added to my account.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Overwhelmingly (though perhaps not for FT members) the main reason for flights not crediting is people not putting their membership number on their flights (e.g. joining up after flying, or forgetting that AA is oneworld), or it not sticking on the booking for one reason or another (e.g. online travel agents). So the point of the webform is to provide a semi-automated way of allocating the points correctly, which works for most claimants. But as fransknorge rightly indicates, it doesn't take much complexity for the automation bit to fall over and a phone call or non specific webform is required at that point. It generally helps if you know, before asking, what the outcome should be, just in case someone is asking for credit for a non BA upgrade or a redemption booking.
Every day is a school day.

I always have my BAEC number in any OW reservation, but I do tend to have a mix of AA/BA/IB/AY/QR/CX coded flights whilst operated by a mixture of AA/BA/IB/AY/QR/CX metal - essentially, sometimes codeshares can reduce the price of a ticket, but the webform cannot handle the relative simplicity of this. I cannot be the only traveller where this webform fails for.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: BA Silver
If you PM me your details I can look at it tomorrow for you. Just your record locator will do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.