Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

You Can Now Redeem British Airways Avios For Virgin America Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2017, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat

You are now able redeem British Airways Avios on Virgin America , though keep in mind that this is only valid for flights as of April 25, 2018 - so start planning ! These awards are only bookable by phone with British Airways, so you’ll want to find the availability online, most likely via Alaska's website, and then give BA a ring to book.

These are now also the award costs for travel on Virgin America flights as of April 25, 2018. For example, this means you can redeem in "main cabin":

7,500 Avios for a Virgin America flight between Los Angeles and Seattle
10,000 Avios for a Virgin America flight between Chicago and San Francisco
12,500 Avios for a Virgin America flight between San Francisco and Maui

Segments of 1-1,150 miles cost 7,500 Avios in economy, 30,000 Avios in first class

Segments of 1,151-2,000 miles cost 10,000 Avios in economy, 40,000 Avios in first class

Segments of 2,000-3,000 miles cost 12,500 Avios in economy, 50,000 Avios in first class

I have phrased most of this from OMMAT , to save you time and the hassle of reading it , but here is a link https://goo.gl/vWcRZE.

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere or discussed already , looked but did not find anything, having said that not bad redemption rates even thou this is really looking into the future in regards to selectable booking dates.
m.photog likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 7:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Petroleum
The best airline in America by far, domestically anyway. Very welcome development.
m.photog and 710 77345 like this.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 9:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by St Elmos Fire
The best airline in America by far, domestically anyway. Very welcome development.
Yes but from April 2018 they won’t BE the same airline, they’ll be AS flights, which is why they are now available to book with avios. So same VX planes,
same VX seats, but AS service.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 4:24 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Once they are one airline, you could be switched from a vx flight to an as flight without notice.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
So they will have the AS code, no longer the VX one? Most interesting and welcome development. Doesn't 50,000 in 1st Class seem a lot, to cross the country, or is that comparable to Avios rates on AA? I flew one sector on VX, JFK-FLL, and it was pleasant enough but not anything amazing.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 1:01 pm

I've flown around the US, often with my family in their tiny 8 seat F cabin many times. It was always a pleasant experience. Having only flown AS 4 times (always in Y) I have no idea how they compare. I hope things can stay at the same standard, at least for a while.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.