Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

28 Sep : Amadeus Altea global outage, BA systems affected.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

28 Sep : Amadeus Altea global outage, BA systems affected.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:05 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Airlines impacted:

Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:28 am

LHR T5 check-in boarding passes are being printed in the format typical of the backup system (no boxes). Check-in agent commented that “this is the new format” although I’d think it’s related to the outage.

Interesting to see that they show GGL underneath the destination on the left (it did not show for me on the normal format, although I saw reports of people who had it).
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Just when you thought it was all running smoothly....
Oh well, I was just checking on a price and making sure all bookings looked OK.
I feel for others with more pressing needs than mine- at least it wasn't BA's fault this time
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: BAEC, A3 M&B
Right now, myflightsapp cannot update and says all my bookings (BA, A3, SK, SQ...) are "no longer available".

BA app still has my details, seat map not working, will try OLCI when it opens tonight.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
deleted

Last edited by ahmetdouas; Nov 10, 2017 at 11:31 am
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:20 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Didn't IAG own Amadeus at one point?

Reminds me of a project when one UK high street bank brought a white labeled internet banking system from a US bank. The US bank ended up paying almost as much in penalty fees as it received for the IT system in the first place.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by Worcester
Didn't IAG own Amadeus at one point?

Reminds me of a project when one UK high street bank brought a white labeled internet banking system from a US bank. The US bank ended up paying almost as much in penalty fees as it received for the IT system in the first place.
Amadeus was created by Air France, Lufthansa, Iberia and SAS back in the late 80s and is now a private Spanish company part of Spanish selective index IBEX 35.

http://www.amadeus.com/investors/sha...ership-summary
http://investors.morningstar.com/own...r.html?t=AMADF
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:32 am
Company Representative: MyFlights App

Programs: MyFlights GOLD :)
Originally Posted by EuropeToAsia
Right now, myflightsapp cannot update and says all my bookings (BA, A3, SK, SQ...) are "no longer available".
Yup - MyFlights was affected but all back up again now, and I've put extra booking monitor engines on to clear the backlog from the 2 or so hours of outage.

Annoyingly Amadeus' APIs returned 'booking not found' rather than 'our systems aren't working', but at least they resolved things in less time than it's taken Ryan Air to sort out their holiday kerfuffle
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
AMADEUS seems to be having a lot of problems lately.

Maybe its time for airlines to look at SABRE.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:12 pm

How about have a Sabre backup system in place and vice versa. Or someone could just create a Windows or Linux based reservation/checkin system and do away with the archaic DOS like system with commands.

I can't believe airport still use the old Daisywheel Epson printers. Wow as if airlines are stuck in the 80s.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by danielonn
I can't believe airport still use the old Daisywheel Epson printers. Wow as if airlines are stuck in the 80s.
You are welcome to propose another reliable way of providing hard copy of many lines of information (so it can be passed around, annotated, and read when power is not available) on a single continuous piece of paper (so bits don't go missing or fly away and get lost or stuck in some mechanical equipment).

When you consider the requirements, it's hard to improve on a line printer with fanfold continuous paper.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: ba gold
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Airlines impacted:

from how long ago is this list as it’s missing at least 2 Airlines that I noticed, El Al in the Middle East and Southwest in the America’s
Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
And it still refers to the various LAN/TAM airlines (and bmi!)
Old Sep 28, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Makes you wonder who works at these places , South African Airways in the Europe catergory ... ??
Old Sep 28, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: BAEC, A3 M&B
Originally Posted by EuropeToAsia
[...] will try OLCI when it opens tonight.
OLCI successful - no issues, so it seems the fix still works

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.