Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Gold Line “ we are busy, go away “

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
You know what, this thread got me thinking, why don't BA have an online chat function since they told the person who called the Gold Line 'please look online!'

Even FR has it, I've even used it once and worked ok!
Be careful what you ask for. Sky (who supply my internet) will only communicate via text or chat if you have a problem - even something simple can take over an hour.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA Bronze. MLife Gold, Cunard Diamond, Total Rewards Diamond.
As a blue member l called at 5pm on hold for 10 mins, passed to an agent , she couldnt help me,on hold for 5 mins, passed to another agent, she was the wrong agent, put on hold while l was passed to another agent, l gave up after 35 mins. If l could have done what l wanted on line l would have !
Wouldnt have minded but the one who couldnt help me was clearly from the UK .
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:46 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by cunardqueen
As a blue member l called at 5pm on hold for 10 mins, passed to an agent , she couldnt help me,on hold for 5 mins, passed to another agent, she was the wrong agent, put on hold while l was passed to another agent, l gave up after 35 mins. If l could have done what l wanted on line l would have !
Wouldnt have minded but the one who couldnt help me was clearly from the UK .
Are you saying agents based in foreign countries could not help because there was an underlying problem(s). What was it, language? accent? attitude ?....
One then must ask who hired them and more importantly who trains & supervises them ?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 12:03 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Answered in no time on Mon 11th Sep at 06.10. Excellent service after being dumped by AA. I tried to call AA later that day from Chicago and was told that they were too busy to answer.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Answered in no time on Mon 11th Sep at 06.10. Excellent service after being dumped by AA. I tried to call AA later that day from Chicago and was told that they were too busy to answer.
Stop flying AA if you don't like them
HMPS likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:33 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Then take EK: no 'dedicated line' nonsense (well, maybe secretly, but as a lowly Silver I have no knowledge of this). My calls ALWAYS get answered within 15 seconds. The agent is always knowledgeable and tries very hard to solve my problem. On occasions he / she can't, but that is when I ask something impossible. Impeccable service!
HMPS and ahmetdouas like this.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 3:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Then take EK: no 'dedicated line' nonsense (well, maybe secretly, but as a lowly Silver I have no knowledge of this). My calls ALWAYS get answered within 15 seconds. The agent is always knowledgeable and tries very hard to solve my problem. On occasions he / she can't, but that is when I ask something impossible. Impeccable service!
Yes, I agree (I used to be EK Gold). Far better than QR. Although I've never had a problem with BA, as a Blue, ringing up at 6 am.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:12 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Did I say that? Have I come on here whinging about them? No I thought not. I'm reporting what occurred with the Gold Line and why I had to call then.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:10 am

Did I say that? Have I come on here whinging about them? No I thought not. I'm reporting what occurred with the Gold Line and why I had to call then.
You have mentioned several times about poor service onboard and now via their contact centre. You have also commented about the food offering, and preferred BA.

Have you whinged? No. But reading through your comments, it seems AA does not meet your needs, therefore stick to BA. Those that say the same about BA are frequently told to go elsewhere, so seems fair to say it when the shoe is on the other foot
Stez and HMPS like this.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
I echo,the comments on here. Dropping the phone line is so last year. Customer-focused organisations will do everything they can to answer a call (who remember the days of “answer within three rings”?) but then at least offer to call back or remain in the queue. There is something quite cold and abrupt about just dropping the call that grates with me.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
See comments at bottom.

^

You have mentioned several times about poor service onboard and now via their contact centre. You have also commented about the food offering, and preferred BA.

Have you whinged? No. But reading through your comments, it seems AA does not meet your needs, therefore stick to BA. Those that say the same about BA are frequently told to go elsewhere, so seems fair to say it when the shoe is on the other foot
Well said.
PUCCI GALORE You have not "officially" whinged ( although that is a subjective interpretation). However like others here I do feel you very subtly "dump" on other airlines like AA. The damage then is a very well critique of the negatives of others while juxtaposing good experiences with BA. Leaves new readers a subliminal impact ! Others of course who are loyalists thrive upon it. Nothing wrong with that.....However I have often read many a quick " encouragements" to dump BA if one expresses dissatisfaction. Forget the name but have seen it a few times from the same posters.
I do read your posts and sometimes I like the tongue in cheek write ups but yes the subtle digs do come across!
Knowing AA's shortcomings I will take it over BA if especially trying to liquidate my avios. Don't want to pay the "FEES, or LHR hassles.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Back to BA's Gold line: I had to phone this afternoon to book an award flight. The total duration of the call, including navigating menu hell, was 5 minutes 24 seconds.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
If you were in the car driving, are you sure BA dropped your call and not your phone?

Just a thought. hope you got whatever your call was for sorted.

Last edited by navylad; Sep 29, 2017 at 12:40 pm
Old Sep 29, 2017, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
Originally Posted by navylad
If you were in the car driving, are you sure BA dropped your call and not your phone?

Just a thought. hope you got whatever your call was for sorted.
yes, it was a definite “sorry, we are very busy, please look online. Goodbye.” Line dropped.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.