FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA Gold Line “ we are busy, go away “ (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1869115-ba-gold-line-we-busy-go-away.html)

To Eat.To Drink Sep 27, 2017 9:21 am

BA Gold Line “ we are busy, go away “

I just tried calling the gold line in the UK and was told that the lines are busy and I should look online “thank you. Goodbye.”

Delightful customer service.

irishguy28 Sep 27, 2017 9:25 am

They must be doing work on a contract basis for Ryanair.

Another 400,000 tickets were cancelled today!

LCY8737 Sep 27, 2017 11:02 am

Originally Posted by To Eat.To Drink (Post 28864780)
I just tried calling the gold line in the UK and was told that the lines are busy and I should look online “thank you. Goodbye.”

It's the enhanced gold service. They don't let you wait until you give up. :D

Flame3601 Sep 27, 2017 11:11 am

Ive had really good experiences this week and last week , one minute wait only !

tedcruz Sep 27, 2017 1:05 pm

I got through today in 5 minutes!!

CloudGazer Sep 27, 2017 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by To Eat.To Drink (Post 28864780)

I understand your frustration but I guess it's debatable whether this is better than being on hold for an extended period or not. Either way it might suggest poor staffing of the call centre.

The thread title is a little misleading.

To Eat.To Drink Sep 27, 2017 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by CloudGazer (Post 28865828)

I did paraphrase but it is essentially what happened. “We are busy, please look online.” Phone line dropped.

One is normally at least given the option to hold. I would have done as I was in the car for an hour.

Gshumway Sep 27, 2017 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by To Eat.To Drink (Post 28865952)
I did paraphrase but it is essentially what happened. “We are busy, please look online.” Phone line dropped.

One is normally at least given the option to hold. I would have done as I was in the car for an hour.

To hold, or get a call back with holding your spot in line. BA really fails using modern call center technology.

FlyingScientist Sep 27, 2017 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Gshumway (Post 28865984)
To hold, or get a call back with holding your spot in line. BA really fails using modern call center technology.

Maybe faling to understand that "modern call center technology" means modern call centre technology? :D

Sealink Sep 27, 2017 6:49 pm

I got through today in less than 60 seconds

Sydneyberlin Sep 27, 2017 7:16 pm

Wow. Just wow. But I am not really surprised at all, given it is British Airways you're talking about.

TravellingSalesman Sep 27, 2017 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingScientist (Post 28866103)
Maybe faling to understand that "modern call center technology" means modern call centre technology? :D

Matthew 7:5 :P

More seriously this is not good enough for the blue line, let alone the gold line.

Offering a call back if the call centre is busy should really be the standard in 2017.

On a related note I find the constant references to the web site while holding rather aggravating: if whatever I wanted to do were possible on the web site I would already be doing that.

(And if it were possible but I didn't know then simply mentioning the web site wouldn't do me any good either.)

Schwann Sep 27, 2017 7:52 pm

Every time I hear “welcome to the executive club for gold members” I always think of one person.

https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...20070621173931

HMPS Sep 28, 2017 10:44 am

Originally Posted by CloudGazer (Post 28865828)
I understand your frustration but I guess it's debatable whether this is better than being on hold for an extended period or not. Either way it might suggest poor staffing of the call centre.

Poor staffing due to waht ? Peak periods misjudged ? Too many vacations simultaneously ? Cost savings ? Attitude of " let them eat cake" ?

Originally Posted by TravellingSalesman (Post 28867179)
Matthew 7:5 :P

More seriously this is not good enough for the blue line, let alone the gold line.

Offering a call back if the call centre is busy should really be the standard in 2017.

On a related note I find the constant references to the web site while holding rather aggravating: if whatever I wanted to do were possible on the web site I would already be doing that.

(And if it were possible but I didn't know then simply mentioning the web site wouldn't do me any good either.)

Yesterday I called AA, was told" there is a 22 min hold, may we call you back, you will not lose your place in line Call back was in less than 15 minutes. Ac Better than others.ceptable.

ahmetdouas Sep 28, 2017 11:59 am

deleted