Wiki Posts
Search

refund due to schedule change

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2017, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
That's your assumption and your decision, but the reduction in airline choice may disadvantage you in the future though.
...or save me from having to deal with this kind of nonsense...Each to its own.

Update from a call with AA: if it had been AA issued ticket, they would have refunded (no award space for earlier flight). As it is 125-stock, they can't touch it.

Will simply cancel and book revenue ticket with AA directly.

Anyway, mods, please close this thread.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 2:10 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by olm022
...or save me from having to deal with this kind of nonsense...Each to its own.

Update from a call with AA: if it had been AA issued ticket, they would have refunded (no award space for earlier flight). As it is 125-stock, they can't touch it.

Will simply cancel and book revenue ticket with AA directly.

Anyway, mods, please close this thread.
It's easy to say what you would do if you could, it can be entirely different when the time comes.

However, it seems you like dictating what should and shouldn't be done, including telling the Mods what action to take. I'm sure they are capable of making up their own minds as to which threads to close and which to keep open.
TrainDriverSparky likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by SK AAR
For your information I was able to get a free rebooking last week for a LH M&M award. There was schedule change of 15 min for my HKT-BKK evening flight with TG. Not really a big issue, but I would prefer to travel in the morning (same date) so I inquired to get rebooked stating that the new flight time was inconvenient to me. Rebooking was granted after agent checking that award seats were available and obtaining authorisation to rebook from back-office/supervisor (or whoever the agent asked). Kudos to M&M.
Seats were available: BA would also rebook in that (and the OP's) situation - and the BA agent wouldn't even need to get authorization; they could just do it.

OP; interesting that AA said they would full refund if was their own ticket: that isn't the published policy I found when researching earlier. Pity.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by LostAntipod
There's a reason airports have bars and coffee shops landside. Lord knows, that's how 10 years of rugby tours with my friends have always started: meet at the bar at Dublin/Edinburgh/etc landside on Friday afternoon.....

Your group might also be late for some reason and so no need to fret.
Your signature says " Once upon a time, I used to look forward to the air travel part of any trip."

So what changed ?
There is a difference in attending rugby matches and other travels?
LostAntipod likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
Originally Posted by HMPS
Your signature says " Once upon a time, I used to look forward to the air travel part of any trip."

So what changed ?
There is a difference in attending rugby matches and other travels?
My signature ? Rather than me banging on about boarding scrums, jumping hoops for long haul avios redemptions 355 days in advance (and then being top of the queue for downgrading) , buy on board starvation, "sorry-not-sorry" automated email apologies, first class crew huffing because I had the temerity to ask for a drink, and having to book a back up fare with a second airline in case BA can't get me home for xmas, I will just leave this here:

Originally Posted by To Eat.To Drink
I just tried calling the gold line in the UK and was told that the lines are busy and I should look online “thank you. Goodbye.”

Delightful customer service.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I think that it's worth re-emphasizing CWS's comment noting that many BAEC flight awards, including the OP's MIA - AUA award, permit virtually free refunds for any reason (until the day before the flight). That is, Avios are returned free and you lose in cash only amounts below the threshold printed on the website, but never more than you paid in the first place. Therefore, on routes with no YQ (i.e. typically AA in North America, JL in Japan, Latam domestically in various S. American countries, etc. etc.), and low taxes (i.e. USA, Japan, etc.), the lost cash is de minimus. In the OP's case, I would expect that they would lose only USD 5.60 when they processed their refund through the website.

Even those of us with burning grievances/resentments against recent failings at BA/BAEC should not be getting up in arms over USD 5.60....
LostAntipod likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by jbalmuth
In the OP's case, I would expect that they would lose only USD 5.60 when they processed their refund through the website.

Even those of us with burning grievances/resentments against recent failings at BA/BAEC should not be getting up in arms over USD 5.60....
Close: $15.60 for MIA-AUA - but don't forget there's also the cost of a new cash ticket to replace the cancelled one, which takes the total much higher.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.