Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz Wine Dinner

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by pablol
I was merely asking if anyone else was going as it would be nice to meet old friends or make new acquaintances. I certainly wasn't trying to look boastful, and the details were not scant if you had been kindly asked to attend.
Perhaps you would be kind enough to provide some detail of the invitation?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, CR
I give up. I was invited to a nice event, I gave enough information to identify said event when I then asked if anyone else was going. That was solely for the purpose of seeing if nice folks from this board whom I may have or not yet met were going.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: BA Silver
Some of us peasants look on with interest and amusement at the wonderous events BA throws for its elite customers.

Please share!!
mrow, bafan and deboyzoned like this.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:45 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I give up. I was invited to a nice event, I gave enough information to identify said event when I then asked if anyone else was going. That was solely for the purpose of seeing if nice folks from this board whom I may have or not yet met were going.
I'm genuinely confused. What are you giving up on?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
If you’re not willing to provide information then it is really a rather pointless topic, and rather out of kilter with the community spirit we like to encourage.
mrow likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:04 pm

The dinner is at the Ritz on 10th October and BAs new Director of Brand and Customer Experience is there. There is a bespoke supper created by chef John Williams and a wine tasting of the new wines chosen for First Class and yes I was invited but again I am out of the country.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Mods ... could you maybe change the title to add the Date.

Thanks scillyisles for providing the info. As a GGL we"re mostly travelling and out of the country.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum, EK Gold
Originally Posted by deboyzoned
Mods ... could you maybe change the title to add the Date.

Thanks scillyisles for providing the info. As a GGL we"re mostly travelling and out of the country.
.....or not invited 😕
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by scillyisles
The dinner is at the Ritz on 10th October and BAs new Director of Brand and Customer Experience is there. There is a bespoke supper created by chef John Williams and a wine tasting of the new wines chosen for First Class and yes I was invited but again I am out of the country.
If I were to loiter in the lobby with a rucksack adorned with silver tags, would one of you fine folk be so kind as to toss me a bread roll?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, CR
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
If you’re not willing to provide information then it is really a rather pointless topic, and rather out of kilter with the community spirit we like to encourage.
I apologise if I offended anyone. I simply thought that if I posted details of the event in full, I'd look like a bit of a prick showing how important he was, which I'm not in any way shape or form.

Instead, I merely mentioned the event in its briefest form, so that if anyone who was going, would recognise it from the heading, and perhaps PM me and so it would be nice to see you.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
I was merely asking if anyone else was going as it would be nice to meet old friends or make new acquaintances. I certainly wasn't trying to look boastful, and the details were not scant if you had been kindly asked to attend.
Is this a BA thing? Or are you hosting and have invited all of us here at FT to make new acquaintances? Very kind of you if that's the case, but alas I'll have to decline as I'm out of the country.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
I apologise if I offended anyone. I simply thought that if I posted details of the event in full, I'd look like a bit of a prick showing how important he was, which I'm not in any way shape or form.

Instead, I merely mentioned the event in its briefest form, so that if anyone who was going, would recognise it from the heading, and perhaps PM me and so it would be nice to see you.
In the anonymous world of Internet forums:
- you post details: you are a boastful prick
- you don't post details: you are an info-hiding prick
😎
Enjoy the dinner.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ratechaser
If I were to loiter in the lobby with a rucksack adorned with silver tags, would one of you fine folk be so kind as to toss me a bread roll?
Not to the Ritz Event. If you want to come to Fortnum & Mason Event ... register here ... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ov-2017-a.html
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Upupintheair
.....or not invited 😕
If you are in AMS ... Maybe thats why you did not get an invite .... I know its only a 40 minute flight
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Dinna worry laddie no need to feel awkward about posting such things. I couldn't wait to start a thread when I got an invite to a BA event held by the British Ambassador in Argentina. Especially with me only being a Blue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.