FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Ritz Wine Dinner (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1868081-ritz-wine-dinner.html)

pablol Sep 21, 2017 6:45 am

Ritz Wine Dinner

anyone else been invited? Looks a good one.

deboyzoned Sep 21, 2017 7:01 am

Originally Posted by pablol (Post 28841803)

More details please ..... Gold Event? GGL event ? When?

TabTraveller Sep 21, 2017 8:13 am

Originally Posted by deboyzoned (Post 28841859)
More details please ..... Gold Event? GGL event ? When?

I don't mean to sound off here but if you haven't been invited then why do you need this information?

hearingdouble Sep 21, 2017 8:19 am

Originally Posted by TabTraveller (Post 28842108)
I don't mean to sound off here but if you haven't been invited then why do you need this information?

Are people not allowed to be curious without actually needing the information? The OP mentioned it in a public BA forum and there’s quite a wide interest in BA events (e.g. the recent Fortnum’s event where the new White Company deal was formally announced). I don’t think it was an unreasonable question given the scant details in the OP’s post...

HIDDY Sep 21, 2017 8:20 am

Are we talking about the hotel or the crackers?

pablol Sep 21, 2017 8:28 am

I was merely asking if anyone else was going as it would be nice to meet old friends or make new acquaintances. I certainly wasn't trying to look boastful, and the details were not scant if you had been kindly asked to attend.

TabTraveller Sep 21, 2017 8:35 am

Originally Posted by hearingdouble (Post 28842125)
Are people not allowed to be curious without actually needing the information? The OP mentioned it in a public BA forum and there’s quite a wide interest in BA events (e.g. the recent Fortnum’s event where the new White Company deal was formally announced). I don’t think it was an unreasonable question given the scant details in the OP’s post...

The details are sufficient for a reader to know if they'd been invited to the same event. I think intentionally so. Unlike the summer party, these are often small events and the details aren't really of any relevance to third parties.

deboyzoned Sep 21, 2017 8:37 am

Originally Posted by pablol (Post 28842166)
I was merely asking if anyone else was going as it would be nice to meet old friends or make new acquaintances. I certainly wasn't trying to look boastful, and the details were not scant if you had been kindly asked to attend.

I was just asking as my GGL Invitation is for Fortnum & Mason 22/11.

pablol Sep 21, 2017 8:40 am

The Fortnum events are fun. Small groups, a genuine interest in what one has to say. Enjoy it. Also, it's generous pour if you are not driving home!

deboyzoned Sep 21, 2017 8:43 am

Originally Posted by pablol (Post 28842219)
The Fortnum events are fun. Small groups, a genuine interest in what one has to say. Enjoy it. Also, it's generous pour if you are not driving home!

Thanks ... and enjoy the Ritz .... I'll be taking the tube.

NWIFlyer Sep 21, 2017 9:02 am

Originally Posted by TabTraveller (Post 28842193)
The details are sufficient for a reader to know if they'd been invited to the same event. I think intentionally so. Unlike the summer party, these are often small events and the details aren't really of any relevance to third parties.

And neither is BAEC FT a private clique where only those in the know are allowed to comment or ask questions ... @:-)

irishguy28 Sep 21, 2017 9:06 am

Originally Posted by TabTraveller (Post 28842108)

Why stop there?
If you have been invited, then why do you need to ask who else was invited?

If you haven't been invited, then why not ask the question you took umbrage over - as the whole thread seemed contrived to produce just such a question?

Originally Posted by TabTraveller (Post 28842193)

This is a forum for discussing everything related to BA. Discussion of the Concorde Room, the state of F cabins, etc are of no personal relevance to me (and to many others), yet that does not mean they are not or cannot be of interest, and we uninvited/unworthy are not similarly challenged when asking questions about such things....

That said, the personal experiences of any particular traveller on any particular flight [or in any particular lounge!] is of no direct relevance to anyone else, yet we debate such experiences ad nauseum here... :D

pablol Sep 21, 2017 9:11 am

I wasn't trying to contrive anything. I merely asked who else was going, as it's always nice to go to these events knowing who you might meet.

Phil the Flyer Sep 21, 2017 9:56 am

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer (Post 28842315)

And neither is BAEC FT a private clique where only those in the know are allowed to comment or ask questions ... @:-)

Well said that man. ^

golfmad Sep 21, 2017 10:08 am

Originally Posted by pablol (Post 28841803)

Not me. Being based in the US won't help my cause I'm sure although I did walk past the Ritz this morning.