Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4 BA segments... for those based in Asia

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2017, 4:49 am
Original Poster

The irony is if you had booked PE for JHB-KUL-LHR-AMS return, the MH domestic sector would have been in B class, which earns higher TP than I in business... counter logical.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by ermen
yeah would be interesting if they could price out something in T class...
even better if it could route through HKG for me!

btw do you know what the T class fare basis is?
Doesn't seem like BA will show via HK online and ITA Matrix doesn't show these "DIF" fares properly, so it's a bit of playing around

So first of all play around with ITA Matrix until you get what you want in "T" class e.g.

Name:  KLviaHKmatrixquery.PNG
Views: 832
Size:  38.7 KB
Name:  KLviaHKmatrix.PNG
Views: 852
Size:  75.0 KB

Then meed to figure out what the actual fare is

Name:  expertKUL.PNG
Views: 849
Size:  38.7 KB

are the current "DIF" fares - these are based on an economy fare with an upcharge of MYR1500 round trip. Q being cheapest, then N, S before it's just a normal T fare (that ITA matrix shows)

so either can check the flights in expertflyer and see which class is open - otherwise trial and error

Name:  KLviaHKmatrixqueryQ.PNG
Views: 843
Size:  38.8 KB -

if no result try N, S

Name:  KLviaHKmatrixQ.PNG
Views: 842
Size:  81.8 KB

this flight had Q both ways

So the charge is what is the economy fare shown (1109myr) + 1500myr upcharge + the taxes and charges from the T quote - (3166.38myr) = 5775.38 myr or £1036 at today's rate. Probably slightly more if you stopover in HK

As I say - seems like some of these via BKK or SIN are now bookable online but you'd need to call for HKG or use an OTA if you didn't want to try to UuA
Old Oct 9, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by sammyg901
Doesn't seem like BA will show via HK online and ITA Matrix doesn't show these "DIF" fares properly, so it's a bit of playing around

So first of all play around with ITA Matrix until you get what you want in "T" class e.g.

Attachment 41318
Attachment 41317

Then meed to figure out what the actual fare is

Attachment 41321

are the current "DIF" fares - these are based on an economy fare with an upcharge of MYR1500 round trip. Q being cheapest, then N, S before it's just a normal T fare (that ITA matrix shows)

so either can check the flights in expertflyer and see which class is open - otherwise trial and error

Attachment 41319 -

if no result try N, S

Attachment 41320

this flight had Q both ways

So the charge is what is the economy fare shown (1109myr) + 1500myr upcharge + the taxes and charges from the T quote - (3166.38myr) = 5775.38 myr or £1036 at today's rate. Probably slightly more if you stopover in HK

As I say - seems like some of these via BKK or SIN are now bookable online but you'd need to call for HKG or use an OTA if you didn't want to try to UuA
Thanks heaps for that - I will need to digest - I haven't used ITA Matrix before (but I have an EF subscription).

Will this work for going on towards MUC?

So in a nutshell - I should just look at the "DIF" fare? And how do we know that the above fare is bookable via BA call centre (hearing that there have been issues attempting to book DIF fares via the call centre?)

Last edited by ermen; Oct 9, 2017 at 8:28 am
Old Oct 11, 2017, 5:57 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Found this - actually seems to be quite useful

Outbound BA T: KUL - xLHR - MUC
Inbound BA I: MUC- xLHR - SIN (also can HKG etc)

Priced at ~7,700 MYR (GBP 1382)

Which is slightly more than the MYR 5700 (GBP 1023) return say coming back in T (but you come back in I). Also give you more TP, and also ability to say UUA/GUF into F on the inbound!), and save on the T to J upgrade.

Believe you could go to HEL (or a higher TP Europe destination for bigger bang for your buck)

Accidentally found this when I was playing around the BA booking engine (when T was not available on the inbound). Seems to allow me to select it, price it up and book it. I believe you may need to call BA, if the BA booking engine can't price it.

Per ITA matrix, outbound fare is
TNN0Y6T0
INCEU60
Old Oct 7, 2019, 1:45 am
Original Poster

New option for those of us based in Asia struggling to achieve 4 qualifying BA flights every year - newly announced codeshare with MH from the following cities:
Malaysia – Alor Setar, Kota Kinabalu, Johor Bahru, Kuching, Kuantan, Labuan, Langkawi, Miri, Penang, Sibu, Kuala Terengganu, Sandakan, Kota Bharu, Bintulu
Australia – Adelaide, Melbourne, Perth
New Zealand - Auckland
Indonesia – Denpasar-Bali, Jakarta, Surabaya
Vietnam – Ho Chi Minh City
Cambodia – Phnom Penh

https://mediacentre.britishairways.c...5?ref=TopStory
Globalist likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 3:42 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
But you do need to combine these with flights on BA metal between LHR-KUL.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 4:01 am
Original Poster

Going to Europe is a given. Yes but they provide you with a choice of departing cities to Europe... and you can pick the ones nearest to you with best fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.