Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Broken Club World seat - compensation claim

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Broken Club World seat - compensation claim

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:31 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I know that my threat to move my 5 to 10 business class tickets for my family each year away from BA probably isn't enough to do very much. But that said I do hope to get something more then the trivial 50 pounds that they offer , I was thinking I would be happy if I could get something more like $600-$800, whether a flight Boucher for even some avios. I live on the west coast of the US and find that the 7500 avios for one way Alaska airlines redemptions can be worth $200 pretty easily. So if I get 40,000 avios i'll be pretty happy. I do have a call coming up with someone who has assured me by email that they are authorized to depart from the measly 50 spot offer that seems to be the standard opening. We'll see.

I will say this, if these have been full freight price, I think it's highly unlikely that they would make an offer that would be sufficient for the mismatch between price paid and actual service delivered. I don't really care what that Warsaw convention does or does not preempt, I'm actually a lawyer so I get the arguments being thrown around here, but in reality anyone associated with British Airways should be mortified that their company cannot deliver a functioning business class seat and then has the balls to suggest £50 is sufficient compensation. It's a total embarrassment, probably my biggest gripe with this Airline is that they treat first and business passengers pretty much the same way as economy class passengers when it comes to service recovery. It's basically turned into a LCC that happens to have flatbed seating (when it works).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.