Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by bogglesuk
Am flying back from ORD at the weekend overnight so will be interesting to compare - is this a DO & Co route?
Hour was it? Curious as in flying back on BA296 (the 2100 departure) later this week
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Do&Co is the caterer out of ORD but they do not use the same menu or to the same standards as the JFK route, which has an higher budget.
CloudGazer likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
LHR to IAD April 23rd

Wife and I made annual 2-4-1 in J, on IAD service. We sat in row 21 so got served last. Food and drinks took ages to arrive and hot towels (cold & dry). Only two choices of main available and food was lukewarm when it arrived. I advised the crew, who said they would feed our comments to management and would we do the same, which I have done.

I feel catering standards have slipped in past 12 months, but unlike on our recent Virgin flight, there was plenty of Champagne 🥂.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by CloudGazer
Hour was it? Curious as in flying back on BA296 (the 2100 departure) later this week
Food was far better. Prawn masala was excellent and sticky toffee pudding was too. Wifi on flight also.

Was surprised it was a full menu given it's a sleeper service. They even turned the lights down then back up again. Crew was poor. Meal service seemed a chore for them and I took my own tray back to the galley as no one came back for it. I could see them from 14k tucking in to the sticky toffee so thought it might shame them if I took my own tray back but they didn't seem bothered. Opted for breakfast smoothie 50 mins before landing and it never turned up.

Contrast that with AUH flight I was connecting on to straight after. Crew were smiley, chatty, engaging. What a difference it makes. You feel much more positive about BA when you have a great crew. I even got the coveted two scones on my plate when afternoon tea was dished out meaning I didn't have to ask for another like a fat boy.
CloudGazer likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The following routes will begin offering the new Transforming Club World products and service from May 1

DEN, ATL, AUS, NAS-GCM, SEA, YVR, YYC, BNA
Old Apr 25, 2018, 11:40 am

That's great news. Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like BA's entire US/Canada network from LHR will be online as of May 1.

Will be interesting to see which region gets the love next.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 10:31 am
KBW

Programs: AA LT PLAT
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Then it doesn’t have any either elements of the new CW service, I will give any updates as I receive them.
Thanks for your recent Wiki update for the May roll out for New CW services. Makes my planning easier.
Old May 1, 2018, 6:16 am
RvE

I will be flying in CW AMS-LHR-BKK vv 08 and 28 AUG 2018.
Does anyone has information that the new bedding ( perhaps catering to ) will be implemented onroute LHRBKK vv
Old May 1, 2018, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No idea yet I’m afraid.
Old May 1, 2018, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Snr Cruz states all will be rolled out by end of 2018

I hope he is including Gatwick !
Old May 1, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Not new news anymore I know, but had the new service to and from Philly this past week and it showed the crew still struggling to deal with it. CSD checked all was okay with me on the way out as apparently a few pax had complained, but I was heading away for the weekend and the crew were nice, so saw no reason to raise a fuss. However due to a lot of back and forth from the galley for additional items not on the trolley, I was totally missed out on the meal beverage and had to go asking. On the return it was very poor, again the crew were nice, but post departure drinks took almost 45mins from take-off to be served (on a 6hr overnight flight) and then half the cabin was served (including my partner in the seat beside me) while the rest of us waited another 20mins for our meals. The steak was cremated and I eventually put the bed down 2.5hrs after take off - bring back the express meal option for these overnight flights please BA. (I know I should have eaten in the lounge, but we had guested in friends who were on AA so wouldn't have been allowed eat together). I hope it will improve as more crew are exposed to it, but it's a bit annoying at present.

Pilot37
hugolover likes this.
Old May 1, 2018, 9:55 am

Flew out to Singapore two Fridays ago on the A380 and no sign of new bedding or catering.

back from HKG over the weekend on the A380 and both present (which I know is not news) but on a full flight (or at least upper deck J was full as far as I could see) and service felt polished (no long waits between courses). New menus with breakfast card handed out & orders taken. Drinks within a few minutes of the seat belt signs going off and the whole service completed within 90 minutes.

Only downside was that not all drinks were loaded. No Tanqueray and the red wines didn't match the wine list.

Bedding a marked improvement as well.
Old May 1, 2018, 10:16 am

We flew MIA -LHR last week and overall I thought things were pretty poor. The new blanket and pillow (especially the pillow) are improvements, but the food/service was poor (although I recently experienced my first Qatar flight so may have been spoiled!)

I just thought CW service unnecessarily slow, especially if you want to rest. This was an overnight flight, and I requested a starter salad, and a desert to speed things up. I assumed the salad would be a starter in its own right, but what came was tiny and it also came as an accompaniment with my wife's starter (salmon). The desert was okay. It all took too long though, and when I woke in the middle of the night I had to clear my own tray. Breakfast was also disappointing; they mixed up both orders and neither smoothies arrived; when I pointed this out I was curtly told "you didn't order one", I know we did, and even if we hadn't that was a poor response.

I have a 241 to use up soon, and after that I will try and use OW partners where I can as I much prefer their seating layout.
hugolover and ttama like this.
Old May 1, 2018, 11:24 am
Suspended

DAMM im on that flight soon
Old May 1, 2018, 1:15 pm

A recent trip report here in Flyertalk indicates that the bedding has launched on the LCY-JFK 318 service, which is good news.

British Airways's Lackluster London City JFK BA 1 April 2018

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.